Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old but new
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Redgloam
I'm not really new here, but my last login was "Feb 15 2005, 10:17 PM" according to the forum login time-stamp. Wow. Has it really been that long? I remember falling on hard times with no money to invest in the green fairy, and I just lost touch. I don't want that to happen ever again.

During my hiatus from absinthe (a shame!) I have come to realize the massive amounts of new brands and types there are now, amazing! The absinthe world has grown substantially. I've been reading reviews trying to catch up and it seems like everyone's favorites are ones I'd not heard of 'back in the day'. This means some of the new ones have far surpassed the greatness of the early-to-mid 2000's, I am assuming.

So I'll do some more exploring before ordering a bottle… I want to find something that is as close to authentic (but easy on the wallet) that will bring me immediately back to my former absinthe days. I hear the Jade line is excellent…

Anyway, hello again!
Absomphe
QUOTE(Redgloam @ Mar 14 2009, 06:11 PM) *

I want to find something that is as close to authentic (but easy on the wallet) that will bring me immediately back to my former absinthe days. I hear the Jade line is excellent…

The Jade line is quite good, but not exactly easy on the wallet.

Check out DrinkUpNY…the Leopold's, and Vieux Carre might be just what you're looking for, and when DUNY picks up Pacifique, you'll be even happier.

Oh, and welcome back!
sardonix
Here I go, plugging Obsello again! It's high quality, has its own character, and you can't beat the price. And you've got to love DUNY's selection.
G&C
Or call the Woodinville state store and see if they have some Pacifique.
Donnie Darko
The south Seattle store #20 has (or had) it. I fortunately had a friend visiting family there this weekend and so he's bringing me back a bottle.
dakini_painter
I hate your guts. heart.gif

I know I turned the Zmeister down for a trade. His loss. abs-cheers.gif
Zman
Trade? Are you referring to me? If you're referring to me, I don't remember saying no to a trade. I'm all about a trade with you DP.
dakini_painter
Sorry for the confusion. I know you didn't turn down a trade. It was me. Not because of you or your product.

If we meet someday and it's ever important enough to discuss, I'll tell you.
Redgloam
Thank you for the suggestions. I just happened to stop by a local liquor store and found some Lucid. I had read some reviews about it and it sounded worth a shot, so I bought it and I like it. I had originally went there because I heard they had Marteau, which I had also read somewhere was pretty good.

Thank you for those suggestions I will try those kinds next!

Oh, and I just liked this picture so I wanted to include it in my post: cdog-plain.gif because it is awesome.
Redgloam
Also.. I haven't found anything on Century 100 yet, no reviews or anything. Has anyone tried it?

http://www.centuryabsinthe.com/?f=fv.btl.nam
Shabba53
Yes. From my WS review:

The color isn't too bad, a nice peridot green, but it seems a bit artificial.
The louche is quite weak, and difficult to coax out.
The aroma is strong with alcohol, but I detect hints of lettuce and bitter celery. Quite vegetal.
Flavor killed this. It's all bitterness. Lots of macerated wormwood it seems. That's pretty much all I can pick out. As with other macerated A.A. products, the astringent bitterness lingers for an uncomfortably long time in the back of the throat.
Overall, the aroma and color show promise, but the high chop.gif marketing and unrepentant bitterness makes this one that I'll never shell out money for.
Zman
Don't forget to mention that it's not even really an absinthe.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Redgloam @ Mar 21 2009, 10:29 PM) *

Also.. I haven't found anything on Century 100 yet, no reviews or anything. Has anyone tried it?

http://www.centuryabsinthe.com/?f=fv.btl.nam

YIKES. Run away.
OCvertDe
blink.gif

Dr. O?
Tibro
Worse. The bastard child of Kyle which even he cannot admit to, being a creation too hideous in its embrasure of thuj0ne to be sold except in the anonymous ethers of the evil profiteers of psuedo-sinth.
OCvertDe
Holy crap!

And $135 USD besides.

It may be time to pull the chosen out of retirement. Well, those who actually retired, that is.
Tibro
Unholy crap is more like it. But you know crap. 's why you're outta tokens already.

Lucky you.
OCvertDe
I spent 'em all on you months ago, bastard… and nothing to show for it.
Kirk
Any Swedish folks here from Falun ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.