Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hills absinth redivivus.
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Habu
On the 12th of march 2009, a major Czech TV station presented a short documentary about Hills distillery. It is a part of documentary series about families, whom had been taken the private property during the communist regime.

It’s not basically about absinthe, but it still shows the big disinformation, which roots within the Czech inner space.

Some months back, I read a thread at wormwoodsociety, which was started by someone named Tom Hill. Based on that thread, a doubt about pre iron-curtain Czech absinthe started to grow on me. I didn't read all of it, but I think it went to dead end. Tom disappeared and the proof of a pre iron-curtain or pre WWII Czech absinthe wasn't found too.

I'll try to start some research and try to find "anything" which could lead to a pre WWII Czech absinthe. I don't defend Czech absint(h), but I want to clear some things up. :| Nothing angers me more, than marketing lies and if this "legend" about absinthe from the First Czech republic is only a legend… well… :-/

Here is the documentary:

Absinth Redivivus – part 1
Absinth Redivivus – part 2

Sorry for some possible flaws in subtitles, I tried to do my best.
absinthist
Where are the subtitles? They do not load at all. For me it is not a problem to understand, but others might complain about it.
Tibro
No problem here. Interesting piece. And still hyping thuj0ne even when they don't contain much of it at all. Notice the coloration step at about 1:55 of part two.
absinthist
Hill's notebook should be interesting as well. Habu should get it or at least make some scans. "Benediktinka" would be an interesting material for analysis, if one survived till then.
Habu
QUOTE(absinthist @ Mar 17 2009, 01:57 PM) *

Where are the subtitles? They do not load at all. For me it is not a problem to understand, but others might complain about it.

Are you sure you have the subtitles option turned on?
absinthist
After the second time they are working-needed a re-freshing. I have already watched both parts, though.
Green Baron
Thanks for that Habu, it was interesting. The subtitles worked great for me.
hartsmar
QUOTE(Tibro @ Mar 17 2009, 05:13 AM) *

No problem here. Interesting piece. And still hyping thuj0ne even when they don't contain much of it at all. Notice the coloration step at about 1:55 of part two.

Nice.
Green Baron
shock.gif You mean that spooning green sludge into the alcohol isn't the traditional secondary maceration process?
absinthist
Of course, it is. The vintage method of adding Soylent green to the tank. evill.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.