Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello all
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
absinthe
Hello all, I'm Tom, my first Absinthe experience was drinking LaFée shortly after the Absinthe revival, and when feeling frivolous I like to delve back into for a rewarding drink..My favourite is LaFée XS Suisse, expensive but damn fine!

I'm here mostly for advice on finding some new things to try, and then share my thoughts!

I look forward to conversing with you knowledgable people!
Kirk
Welcome , give up on the LaFée, xs or other it's not absinthe .
absinthe
I did hear the FeeVerte natives were a little fastidious…

As far as I knew, an absinthe was a spirit distilled with wormwood, anise and other aromatic herbs…Where does LaFée fall short?
Steve
Some of us have a more exacting definition of absinthe. I think La Fée is absinthe (at least absinthe ordinaire) but it's not worth drinking. As to where it falls short, I would say in almost every respect!

Congrats on scoring that member name. You would have thought it would already be taken!
absinthe
QUOTE(Spoon @ Mar 18 2009, 04:02 PM) *

Some of us have a more exacting definition of absinthe. I think La Fée is absinthe (at least absinthe ordinaire) but it's not worth drinking. As to where it falls short, I would say in almost every respect!

Congrats on scoring that member name. You would have thought it would already be taken!

I've tasted a fair old selection of Absinthe's, and I still think LaFée Parisienne isn't a bad everyday Absinthe, but I stand by my opinion that XS Suisse is the best I've tasted.

And aye, I tried a whole bunch of cool names, all taken, took a chance on absinthe, and low and beyold, it was available!
Patlow
It's almost unbelievable!

But it's also unbelievable that XS Suisse won the Absinthiades last year, correct?
Alan
XS Suisse won one of the Golden Spoons last year (for the second year in a row). It's a well-made absinthe. pirate2.gif

La Recette Marianne also won a Golden Spoon last year (for the fourth year in a row).

OCvertDe
Welcome! If you like La Fee, wait until you try something from Matter or Jade. La Fee Parisienne was one of my very first, and I loved it… it's what got me hooked. I'm not sure what happened, but I can barely drink it now. Half of it is that I've found out how good absinthe should taste, and the other half is [drink it fast because] it doesn't age well at all. Give it a few months and it will completely change into a dirty pine cone. Regardless, read through the buyers guide asap, and get ready to spend. It gets better, trust me. abs-cheers.gif
Tibro
I think Alan may be suggesting that you don't have to pay (so) eXceSsively for a well made absinthe. Maybe Bugnon knows what goes from behind his bleu lab coat.
Kirk
Alan , you are shameless , La Fee is crap .
Absinthe , don't waste your money on La Fee , there are a lot better absinthes out there . If you are in the US try the Leopold Brothers Absinthe Verte or try Pacfique or Vieux Carre
smiley
I don't regret buying a bottle of Parisienne. Its far from real absinthe, but I like it as a drink. I haven't tried the XS versions. I can hemorrhage money in much more rewarding ways.
absinthe
I'm still on my first bottle, so it's not a regular spend, I feel guilty at times, but then I think of people spending god knows how much on KoSG, and I feel a little better…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.