Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pre-ban list
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
EdouardPerneau
This time I wanted to know how many ,the brand, and witch one was the best :

my list:
pernod fils :

Fritz duval 1895
CF Berger
legler-pernod

the 2 best : Duval and berger
after comes :1910,1914,1913,

and legler-pernod

Pernods are very great but duval and berger are spicier

Patlow
You and your lists… Heheheheh…

I loved the Berger I had as well as the Pernod Fils sample I bought years ago (I think was 1910) and The Jules Pernod in Couvet (the one that wasn't waaaay over-watered with warm Swiss tap!).
G&C
Like smoking a cigar with the band still on it…
Shabba53
True, true.
EdouardPerneau
If I won't say list nobody would answer ( see I talk about benchmark absinthe the topic die but with top 5 absinthe the topic stay alive) …

I wanted to do this because some might pass by a good opportunity to taste wonderfull rare pre-ban Pernod fils is wasn't as rare as Edouard or dornier tuller
Absomphe
"is wasn't"

sleepy.gif
thegreenimp
Y'all know what I like….
Phoenix
QUOTE(EdouardPerneau @ Apr 17 2009, 12:56 PM) *
I wanted to do this because some might pass by a good opportunity to taste wonderfull rare pre-ban Pernod fils is wasn't as rare as Edouard or dornier tuller
If anyone's passing up any kind of pre-ban, feel free to pass it my way.
dakini_painter
I haven't been able to get any samples, but have been very fortunate that a friend sent me a couple different samples from his bottles of the 1914 PF cache. Another friend shared his J. Pommere & Co.

Basically that's it. So I know that means I don't know anything about absinthe as I haven't tasted a couple dozen different pre-Bans.
Kirk
Maybe you were reading and working instead of watching the harvester of eyes?
EdouardPerneau
QUOTE(dakini_painter @ Apr 19 2009, 07:38 PM) *

I haven't been able to get any samples, but have been very fortunate that a friend sent me a couple different samples from his bottles of the 1914 PF cache. Another friend shared his J. Pommere & Co.

Basically that's it. So I know that means I don't know anything about absinthe as I haven't tasted a couple dozen different pre-Bans.

BTW how do you find them? do you like them?
dakini_painter
They were very nice. Though I thought the sample of "very (pale) green" PF 1914 cache was too spicy, too peppery; but that could have been just my taste buds.
sixela
It's just your taste buds. Just the right amount of Spice Mélange to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.