Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: REDUX Absinthe at the 2009 International Spirits Challenge
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Tirador
Click to view attachmentREDUX Absinthe has taken a Bronze Medal at this year's International Spirits Challenge.

REDUX was the only Absinthe to be awarded any medal this year, and no Absinthe has ever been awarded anything higher then a Bronze at this competition.

What I don't know is how many other Absinthe's were entered, or who they were.

I did ask, and all the folks at the International Spirits Challenge would tell me was that "You did very well in a tough category … the only Absinthe to win a medal - Congratulations".

Regardless, this is the second competition we've entered with REDUX Absinthe and we've won another medal.

Of course, I would have preferred Gold … but as I said last month when we took a Bronze at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, its a good result, and it means that "The Trade" likes what we're doing with REDUX Absinthe.

I've still got a lot of work to do to get REDUX Absinthe fine tuned and into full production, but I think we're headed in the right direction.

Stephen

Absinthe Ben
Yes, like I mentioned to you in March, I think once you have this fine tuned and tightened up a bit, it will be even better. I do have enough for one last drink, so now that we're discussing it, I may just have to louche it up soon…
Green Baron
I take it this one was different than the International Wine & Spirits Competition (which Matter, Jade, and I think Leo Bros. have all received awards at).

Well, at least they weren't handing out triple gold medals left and right to La Fee and Grand Absente. I'd be curious to know what other absinthes were tasted.

Congratulations! Hopefully we'll all have a chance to try the final product in the near future!
Tirador
Yup, the International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) is also in the U.K. and their Spirits results will be out in July. The IWSC is a larger and older competition.

Doubs Mystique won Double Gold and best in class at the IWSC last year, and I think Todd Leopold took a silver. I'm not sure what the rest of the Absinthe lineup was, as they've taken the '08 results off their web-site. Duplais took Gold there in 2006.

REDUX Absinthe is entered in this year's IWSC … so we'll see how we do.

The International Spirits Challenge is put on by the folks at Drinks International magazine (www.drinksint.com). It's pretty "trade" focused (so's the IWSC for that matter), and it's a good data point for us as to where REDUX Absinthe stands with people that sell booze for a living, especially those that don't know a lot about Absinthe (like most consumers … at least here in the U.S.).

If they like it, it's an indicator that retailers will buy it … which is a good thing with a new product. Apperently they did.

Thanks for your interest … and thanks for the congratulations too! I and the rest of the Maison De La Vie team appreciate it.

Oh, and hopefully you all will have a chance to try REDUX Absinthe in the not too distant future!

Stephen

QUOTE(Green Baron @ May 12 2009, 10:02 AM) *

I take it this one was different than the International Wine & Spirits Competition (which Matter, Jade, and I think Leo Bros. have all received awards at).

Well, at least they weren't handing out triple gold medals left and right to La Fee and Grand Absente. I'd be curious to know what other absinthes were tasted.

Congratulations! Hopefully we'll all have a chance to try the final product in the near future!

hartsmar
Happy for you Stephen and many congratulations.
Tirador
QUOTE(hartsmar @ May 29 2009, 03:25 AM) *

Happy for you Stephen and many congratulations.

Thanks Markus! We're moving ahead, slowely but surely …

I should be back in the States shortly and will have a bit of that other stuff headed your way soon. Heck, I might even have time to sit back and enjoy the stuff you sent me weeks ago (or was it months ago at this point?).

S.
hartsmar
Take your time, I'm not going anywhere... :)
Donnie Darko
Can't wait to see the reviews of this absinthe that will not be posted.
hartsmar
???

Absomphe
That's some funny (and relevant) xit, right there, Donnie.
G&C
Played to the lost.
Kirk
The lost is always the best place to start.
Gentlemen ; start your engines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.