Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NYT's Top Ten Absinthes
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
Provenance
1. Kübler (3.5 stars)
2. Grande Absente (3 stars)
3. Pernod Absinthe (3 stars)
4. Émile Pernot Vieux Pontarlier (3 stars)
5. St. George Absinthe Verte (2.5 stars)
6. Jade Nouvelle-Orléans (2.5 stars)
7. Obsello (2.5 stars)
8. La Clandestine (2 stars)
9. Lucid (2 stars)
10. Mansinthe (2 stars)

Ten additional absinthes were tasted but did not make the top 10 list.

NYT's absinthe insights
Without water, though, almost any absinthe would be difficult to endure. Absinthe in general is simply too strong to drink undiluted.
if as a child the neighborhood bully pelted you with Good & Plenty, well, then, you’ll probably hate absinthe. But if you were the kid like me who collected all the black jelly beans, you might really like it.

Complete articles found at http://thepour.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/1…he-mystique/?hp
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/13/dining/r…nted=1&_r=1
synthetic buddhist
I can think of something to pelt these guys with…
Absomphe
Bottles of Elixier, perhaps?
Tibro
I'd've suggest squirrel xit. But I think he may have had monkey poo in mind. If you wanna go ape xit about it.
scuto
Stupid mon(k)ey.
Absinthe Ben
You're telling me these nimrods considered Grande Absente better than 18 other absinthes? America really is going down the toilet…
Provenance
Going?
Tibro
Going . . .
Shabba53
Baloosh.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(Absinthe Ben @ May 19 2009, 03:06 PM) *

You're telling me these nimrods considered Grande Absente better than 18 other absinthes? America really is never going to crawl out of the toilet…

Fix'd
Absinthe Ben
Thanks, clearly I misspoke.
thegreenimp
An overdue award to idiot Eric Asimov and Lil Pinchy's rag.

Click to view attachment
Absomphe
LARS!.gif
Absinthe Ben
LARS!.gif I second that. LARS!.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.