Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Shabba
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Corn Hole
Provenance
From today's Guardian
In praise of … bacon sandwiches

Not gourmet, not pretty and certainly not good for you, but there are times when only a bacon sandwich will do. As soon as you sniff the greasy, salty smell wafting from the pan everything else slips away into a happy haze. With or without sauce, a butty laced with rashers provides welcome affirmation of the simpler side of life. The coarse pleasures of fatty wonderfulness will, of course, be lost on herbivores conscientiously upholding National Vegetarian Week, which starts today. But ­during this seven-day stretch no meaty item will tempt more would-be veggies back to the dark side than the bacon sarnie. That is not their fault, say scientists, who last month isolated the chemical changes that trigger aromatic magic when the meat is heated, the very magic that makes the sarnies so hard to resist. No animal's reputation is as low as the pig right now, with the World Health Organisation regularly reporting new cases in the potential swine flu pandemic. Note, eating bacon will not give you the virus. In fact bacon sarnies will make you feel better, while you worry whether that cold you have acquired will turn into something more serious. This should be a time to support (free-range) British pig farmers. So don't punish yourself by abstaining; eat your bacon sandwich with pride. According to the food boffins, the most tantalising variety involves slightly fatty, grilled bacon between two thick slices of white bread. But even if it is fried and on brown, it will still taste pretty damn good.

Patlow
Shabba. Are you a veggie? What the hell did you find to eat at AMADA?!?!?!
Tibro
I stopped reading after the first ten words. Summed him up for me.
Wild Bill Turkey
a butty laced with rashers

I thought she seemed unclean.
G&C
Nuthin better than a Pound o' Bacon sammich!
Shabba53
QUOTE(Tibro @ May 18 2009, 03:07 PM) *

I stopped reading after the first ten words. Summed him up for me.

I'm definitely not pretty. Nor am I good for you. Especially on the pitch. But gourmet? Why yes. Yes I am.

And hell no I ain't no veggie! As the photo of the Serrano ham wrapped salad I posted on Facebook should convey! In fact, I think my food gallery is pretty much almost totally made up of meat dishes…
Click to view attachment

QUOTE(G&C @ May 18 2009, 08:33 PM) *

Nuthin better than a Pound o' Bacon sammich!

Sho' nuff.
Tibro
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ May 19 2009, 03:17 AM) *

Nor am I good for you. Especially on the pitch.

Curious euphemism.
Shabba53
I wondered when your obsession with me would finally show itself again.
Absomphe
It must be catching.
Tibro
It must be the fatty flanks.
speedle
QUOTE(Absomphe @ May 19 2009, 08:34 AM) *

It must be catching.

So is swine flu, butt that's something else entirely.
G&C
A hoax?
Wild Bill Turkey
The greatest windfall in the history of the surgical mask industry. Which was kind of like selling millions of tank tops to people worried about global warming.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.