Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Hotel Monteleone - New Orleans
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Cellar
Shabba53
I'm sure some of you won't care, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Seeing some of the names I was up against really made it a humbling experience. I'm just happy everyone seemed to really like it.

Wild Bill Turkey
That's fucking outstanding, Brian!
I know what kind of competition you had, this was no small contest. Every bartender in the country wanted their name on this for Tales of the Cocktail.
Jaded Prole
Congratulations!
dakini_painter
Congrats Brian!

But,

Every bartender in the country wanted their name on this.

the award didn't go to a bartender (used in a gender neutral manner).
Shabba53
Amateur mixologist then. abs-cheers.gif
absinthist
Congrats! Wish I had the middle ingredients to give it a try.
Hans Conried
Good for you, that's very cool. I just finished off a bottle of St. Germain, one of my favorites. I'm a little embarrassed to say I just mix it with ginger ale, but it's such a great summer drink.
speedle
Wow, congratulations! But of course, you really just wanted the free four nights, right? wink.gif
Shabba53
That certainly is a nice bonus! I turned in miles for my plane ticket and got free hotel rooms. So all together, transportation and rooms will cost me $5. abs-cheers.gif That's more cash for food and drinks!
pierreverte
congrats! looking forward to having one with you there…
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(dakini_painter @ May 23 2009, 04:53 AM) *

But,

Did I say Brian was a bartender? Is bartender not already "gender neutral"? What are you correcting?
Patlow
Very cool. Good work!
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ May 23 2009, 02:39 PM) *

QUOTE(dakini_painter @ May 23 2009, 04:53 AM) *

But,

Did I say Brian was a bartender? Is bartender not already "gender neutral"? What are you correcting?

The gender correct term for female bartender is "Scantily Clad Tip Magnet" or "Aspiring Actress".
(that's only true for regular bars. The correct term for high end cocktail places like Little Branch, PDT, Angel's Share and elsewhere would be "Mesmerizing Ethanol Magician".)
Wild Bill Turkey
Audrey Saunders of Pegu Club prefers "Libation Goddess".
Grim
Congratulations, Brian. That's quite an achievement!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.