Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trip down Scandinavian lane
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
hartsmar
Some months ago I got my hands on a bottle of pure Scandinavian "goodness".
The Danish Bennoh absinthe by Benni Golf of Copenhagen. Bottle dates to somewhere between 1950 and 1960.

One day I poured some in a glass and it looked quite nice but the aroma was... well, let's say it was flat, uninteresting and not that intriguing at all.

Click to view attachment

So, then I added water to it... And I immediately started wondering...

Click to view attachment

Where did that louche go!? And what the hell is with that taste? Sad. All my expectations, built up over years of wanting to find this and taste it - POOOF. Gone.
To its defense, only about 6cl where left of the original 25cl. Maybe that's where all the louching goodness was... viking_emoticon.gif

...to be continued...
Green Baron
That's too bad…Really cool bottle though.
Gertz
Hm. Not spectacular, to say the least … looking forward to read part 2, though.
absinthist
Any more info as regards the producer? What was he specializing in, when he established that brand and is it authentic since the contents are not what one would await from bot/label?

Double bad luck.
hartsmar
The contents of this (and the other) are certainly authentic. both bottles had completely intact seals and corks and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

I have quite some info but I'll leave that to another time.
absinthist
Reminds of these, hence the question:

IPB Image

(the all possible faux Chartreuse liqueurs, note middle one from Czechoslovakia and the really radioactive Russian one).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.