Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to the Forum
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
sipper
Just looking for some advise in brand selection.
Here in central Washington the selection is
somewhat limited. I have tried Pernod, Lucid,
and I just picked up this one in the picture and
I was wondering if it was a good one ?

IPB Image
Ron
Yikes!
absinthist
Sipper, so it seems that you haven't drunk absinthe yet-good.

Not sure what is available in central Washington, but please look for:

Walton Waters, Pacifique, Leopold verte and Vieux Carre as regards absinthes.

Green Baron
Welcome to the forums, Sipper.

What Absinthist said.

To answer your question, the answer is definitely not. There are entire threads on multiple forums discussing the fact that La Tourment Verte is not true absinthe, as well as lamenting its unfortunate ubiquity. The makers say they want to make their product more authentic, but that seems like a ways off, if indeed it ever happens.

Lucid authentic but mid-shelf, Pernod 68 is not authentic. Fortunately, there are two extremely good absinthes from the NW- Marteau Belle Epoque and Pacifique. Not sure if they've made it to your area yet- where in western WA are you? You can use the WA State Liquor Board website product search to see if they might be found nearby.

For ordering U.S. and imported absinthe online, DrunkUpNY is a good choice. There are also European vendors that offer stuff not available directly in the U.S.- check the Recommended Vendors section of this site.
Green Baron
*correction, I saw you live in central WA, just mistyped "western".
Provenance
QUOTE(sipper @ May 30 2009, 10:15 AM) *

Yes, if you aim properly.
Absomphe
HA!

He's right, too.
Jay
Yes, if only the Czech-sinthes had started production 30 years earlier, they could have sugar-and-burned those Soviet tanks in Prague back to Russia!

And Sipper, giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not an LTV shill or just yanking chains around here, I can personally second absinthist's recommendations of Walton Waters and Pacifique as being great absinthes.
Ron
You know what works in Czechoslovakia against the Ruskies? The EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle, whose twin flame throwers may or may not be fueled with Czechsinthe™.

IPB Image

thegreenimp
QUOTE(sipper @ May 30 2009, 01:15 PM) *

I just picked up this one in the picture and I was wondering if it was a good one ?

Only if your sink is clogged.
Kirk
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jun 1 2009, 05:12 PM) *

QUOTE(sipper @ May 30 2009, 10:15 AM) *

Yes, if you aim properly.

Maybe there will be a use for the second tier absinthe yet .
Jay
If I'm not mistaken, that sub-urban assault vehicle is the one in 'Stripes' that Bill Murray and co tore up half of Europe in, wasn't it? Bill Murray on Czechsinthe would explain so much of that movie…
Ron
You are correct Jay, it's the one and only EM-50. Now that I think about it, GM might be able to bring themselves out of the hole they're in if they go back to producing the GMC Motorhome. Think of they money they could make in Defense contracts by churning out EM-50s for the military! Ahh, where is Sergeant Hulka when we need him.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Ron @ Jun 1 2009, 07:52 PM) *

You know what works in Czechoslovakia against the Ruskies? The EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle, whose twin flame throwers may or may not be fueled with Czechsinthe™.

IPB Image

New guy makes a Stripes reference, other new guy gets it. That's awesome! WELCOME!
Patlow
New guys also use real photos! Are we out of date?!?!

And yes, welcome!
Tibro
Must be the Buyers Guide that's out of date if people are still picking up bottles of Le Toiletment verte.
OCvertDe
Or no one here has been willing to take one for the team to review it.

Or is that essentially what you already said?

Never mind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.