Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I bother reviewing…..
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Flasheart
I have a bottle that I'm wondering if I should even bother reviewing. I found a bottle, maybe one of the last, of Hermes in a store in Kurume. It was cheap. I think about 1200yen, call it 12 bucks. I'm positive it is not an old properly wormwooded version, just becuase I don't think it could have been sitting on the shelf THAT long! So as many have pointed out, it's not even a proper absinthe. I bought it mostly out of curiosity.
So my qiestion is, is it worth reviewing Hermes to add it's score to the list (which I don't think will be all theat high really) or should I just not. I doubt suntory will ever start producing it again. Is anyone curious enough to want a review?
Kirk
Not really but thanks .
Marc
Review it, a quick one, it's always good to have a maximum of absinthes reviewed in the BG (after Harstmar move his lazy ass and add them viking_emoticon.gif )
eric
Hermes is a part of the history. It should be documented.
Absomphe
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Jun 15 2009, 06:40 AM) *

Review it, a quick one

" poop.gif " should suffice.
Absinthia
Even a negative review of something can be of use, or, educational to the masses.
Kirk
Yeah , I was grumpy this morning , I guess that was my review , sorry about that , we really should have several reviews of everything that ever claimed to be absinthe .
Tibro
Besides, there's good sport in getting innocent schmucks to drink things that they already claim to know better than to try.
thegreenimp
Review it, most of us aren't going to run a across a bottle of it anytime soon.
Head_prosthesis
Yes, please. The Hermes line of liquors were similar, I believe, to that of Dekuyper, Juaquin, Arrow, Brizzard etc. At least that's what I've gathered from vintage Japanese advertising. And I've always been curious about it.

Wild Bill Turkey
IPB Image
Head_prosthesis
I'm gonna start calling you Wild Goose Chase.
Getting my hopes up like that.

Flasheart
OK then. Maybe I can get my friend to come over and we'll each have a glass, so there will be two opinions. We'll see. I gave him a taste before, so he may not be interested in having more :) Maybe if I tell him we'll have the Jade Edouard after he'll be more interested :) If anyone else isn't far from Fukuoka prefecture, you're welcome to come join in!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.