Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leopold Bros. Tasting in Washington DC July 10th (fri.)
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Leopold
Hi everyone.

We're doing a tasting of our entire line of spirits in Washington DC this Friday, July 10th. My assistant distiller will be there to handle questions. Yes, our Absinthe will be there. Sorry for the late notice, but I just got the time 100% confirmed.

We have a pretty huge portfolio, so this is a nice way to try them all without clearing out your kid's college fund. Apple whiskey, Blackberry Whiskey, Peach Whiskey, vodka, gin, dark rum, our liqueurs: blackberry, tart cherry, sour apple, cranberry, peach.

I'm not 100% sure if DC limits the number of samples you can try, though.

It's at Best Cellars in Dupont Circle, Washington DC. at 5.30 PM.

Any questions, contact Best Cellars

Best Cellars Dupont
1643 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20009
202-387-3146
Tirador
Todd,

While I've tasted a number of your products, I would have loved to have stopped by. Unfortunatly, while I spend half my time in DC, I won't be there later this week.

I will pass the event along to verious folks I know though.

S.

QUOTE(Leopold @ Jul 6 2009, 11:42 AM) *

Hi everyone.

We're doing a tasting of our entire line of spirits in Washington DC this Friday, July 10th. My assistant distiller will be there to handle questions. Yes, our Absinthe will be there. Sorry for the late notice, but I just got the time 100% confirmed.

We have a pretty huge portfolio, so this is a nice way to try them all without clearing out your kid's college fund. Apple whiskey, Blackberry Whiskey, Peach Whiskey, vodka, gin, dark rum, our liqueurs: blackberry, tart cherry, sour apple, cranberry, peach.

I'm not 100% sure if DC limits the number of samples you can try, though.

It's at Best Cellars in Dupont Circle, Washington DC. at 5.30 PM.

Any questions, contact Best Cellars

Best Cellars Dupont
1643 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20009
202-387-3146

Patlow
What's with the quote?
Shabba53
Tirador, if you're in DC, drop me a line.
Marc
QUOTE(Patlow @ Jul 7 2009, 06:42 PM) *

What's with the quote?

'xactly.
Provenance
I attended. Since the distillery rep was late (stuck in traffic) I took the liberty of explaining to that absinthe was like a cross between LSD and strychnine. I also explained that the chop.gif could only be activated by using an authentic Zippo® lighter. A Bic won't do the trick.
Leopold
Sounds like you did just fine without our people there. Vintage Zippos really do the trick, btw.

Did you enjoy the spirits?
Tibro
Pshaw, sulphur tipped matches are the pre-ban way to go.
Jaded Prole
Yeah, it's the sulfur that makes it authentically bitter!
Provenance
QUOTE(Leopold @ Jul 13 2009, 11:49 AM) *
Did you enjoy the spirits?
The flavoured whiskeys were a bit sweet for my taste but that's not surprising given my palate. I can see where they could have their fans.
scuto
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Jul 13 2009, 05:45 PM) *

Yeah, it's the sulfur that makes it authentically bitter!

True, but only when used in coloration.

P.S. I have to get my hands on that there apple whiskey.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.