Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tales 2009 photos
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
pierreverte
Robert Rodriguez, illustrator of the Tempus Fugit Girl poster and the official poster of Tales 2009…managed to slip some absinthe related things on to it…Click to view attachment
pierreverte
the Absinthe Museum of America hosts the first ever 'NOLA Absinthe Nerd-Off' or 'how to turn a judging of how to do an absinthe judging into a marathon event where the loudest noise was the gumbling of stomachs yearning to eat something other than mini crackers'…next event, a 'judging of how this judging went'…I'll make sure to order PoBoys in advance…Click to view attachment
pierreverte
Neyah White - NOPA San Francisco, David Wondrich - Spirit Historian and Eric Alpern of the Varnish of LA, are given a previously unidentified box of stuff to create a cocktail with in 30 minutes. Amongst the ingredients: M&Ms, onion crisps, Tabasco sauce, Grand Marnier…
Eric from The Varnish in LA had shaved the sides of his head for his impressive Mohawk and used a lock of his hair for the garnish… Click to view attachment
pierreverte
The Bartender's Breakfast…
LA talent: Eric from the Varnish and Marcos from the Edison Room:Click to view attachment
pierreverte
Rene Bonnecaze of the Absinthe Museum at the Absinthe Soirée…who cares about absinthe when there's a boatload of shrimp!?

Click to view attachment
pierreverte
Traditional scene from New Orleans, number VP130:
In front of the Hotel Monteleone:Click to view attachment
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(pierreverte @ Jul 18 2009, 12:52 PM) *

Robert Rodriguez, illustrator of the Tempus Fugit Girl poster and the official poster of Tales 2009…managed to slip some absinthe related things on to it…

And recycle the layout and bartender (using a cocktail shaker that real bartenders hate) from his LA Weekly cover. But I see he added a pretty girl in the background.
pierreverte
good thing everyone liked it and he was commissioned only a week before Tales to design it…
Wild Bill Turkey
Good thing everyone liked it. Maybe not a good thing they only thought of doing a poster a week before the gig. I love the Tempus Fugit poster, and the guy's a good illustrator. I just see the design retread and wonder what he might have done as an original poster design if he'd been given a realistic deadline.
pierreverte
wait until next year…
Kirk
I like the replica of the fountain from the bar at The Old Absinthe House, is that a napoleon on the top just like the original or is it something else? I think I've heard of that fountain, can you tell us anything about how it was constructed or from what materials?
pierreverte
Rene from the museum would most likely have to comment on the details, but the copy has Napoleon on it…
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(pierreverte @ Jul 18 2009, 04:20 PM) *

Traditional scene from New Orleans, number VP130:
In front of the Hotel Monteleone:Click to view attachment

Jesus drinks Vieux Pontarlier! That should be your new Tempus Fugit poster.
Tibro
Except if you look closely that's clearly Elvis trying to disguise himself as John Lennon. Still, an acceptable poster child.
Donnie Darko
No way. Elvis was never that thin. That's either Jesus or Jim Caviezel in character for "The Passion 2: Jeezy Chreezy takes The Big Easy".
pierreverte
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jul 19 2009, 12:19 AM) *

Jesus drinks Vieux Pontarlier! That should be your new Tempus Fugit poster.

Rodriguez is thinking of recycling this image for the next TF Girl:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.