Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tracking You
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Newgate Calendar
Provenance
http://www.federalregister.gov/OFRUpload/O…09-17756_PI.pdf

The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) is considering options for revising
the current prohibition on web tracking technologies (such as persistent cookies)
On June 22, 2000, OMB issued memorandum M-00-13, which was later updated by memorandum M-03-22, prohibiting the use of web tracking technologies unless the agency head approves the use of these technologies due to a compelling need.
Technologies such as persistent cookies enable websites to remember a visitor’s preferences and settings, allowing for a more personalized, user-friendly experience.
While the benefits of using web tracking technologies are clear, OMB is acutely aware of, and sensitive to, the privacy questions raised by the use of such technologies.
It is anticipated that there would be more stringent restrictions or review of the uses of such technologies within the tiers that have higher privacy risks associated with them.
Kirk
I was thinking about that subject now.
I want someone to know every last detail about me, but I want to be the only one that has access to it, and it should be a legal document.
Donnie Darko
I actually signed up to have my complete genome made publicly available. If I have something to hide I don't know bout it yet.
scuto
I hope Ad Aware free stays up to date on this crap.
Provenance
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jul 24 2009, 10:22 AM) *

I actually signed up to have my complete genome made publicly available.

To be read by those who like short stories.
Donnie Darko
Ha!

Thankfully size doesn't matter in genetics. The animal with the largest genome on earth (that has been sequenced so far) is actually a species of lungfish.
Provenance
Someone else notice the FR notice.

http://www.aclu.org/privacy/gen/40662prs20….html
Absomphe
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jul 31 2009, 08:31 AM) *

Thankfully size doesn't matter in genetics. The animal with the largest genome on earth (that has been sequenced so far) is actually a species of lungfish.

Christina Aguilera?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.