Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New guy here….
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Mike R.
Hello,

I just registered, am new to the forum (and absinthe) and thought I would say hello.

I am 41 and from Princeton/Trenton N.J.

I did a little research here before this post and decided that I would try the Vieux Carre as my first absinthe.

Local availability and it's reputation/reviews were the deciding factors. The price also seemed reasonable.

I purchased a La Rochère Glass set and brouilleur (waiting for them to arrive)

I am looking forward to improving my appreciation for absinthe and am open to all suggestions you guys might have.

Thanks…

Mike R.
OCvertDe
Welcome! I suggest you pick an avatar… and get ready to spend lots of money you may or may not have on a new addiction. abs-cheers.gif
Absomphe
Welcome, Mike.
Patlow
QUOTE(Mike R. @ Jul 26 2009, 06:27 PM) *

…from Princeton/Trenton N.J.

Man, that slash can make a world of difference! Welcome!
Provenance
???
Mike R.
QUOTE(Patlow @ Jul 27 2009, 01:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike R. @ Jul 26 2009, 06:27 PM) *

…from Princeton/Trenton N.J.

Man, that slash can make a world of difference! Welcome!

LOL.

So true! So very, very true!

Mike R.
dakini_painter
Based on past experience, coming to FV for pointers is a bad choice. I'd recommend here. Much better for pointers.

And welcome!
Absinthe Ben
Glad you decided to join up, Mike! Good man doing your research first and deciding on Vieux Carre instead of some less than stellar alternatives! What did you think of your very first absinthe, by the way?

You are in good hands here at FV, my friend.
Jay
QUOTE(Absinthe Ben @ Jul 28 2009, 07:13 AM) *

Glad you decided to join up, Mike! Good man doing your research first and deciding on Vieux Carre instead of some less than stellar alternatives! What did you think of your very first absinthe, by the way?

You are in good hands here at FV, my friend.

Welcome, Mike! VC is one of the few left on my "top ten" to try, and you've inspired me to buy a bottle of it sometime in the next two weeks.
Absomphe
Oops, you did it again, Jay.

I think you know what I mean. wink.gif
scuto
Ha!

Hiya Mike!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.