Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: District 9
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Entertainment
Donnie Darko
What an awesome movie. No known actors, done for 1/6th the budget of GI Joe with better visual FX, a simple but clever story, fantastic action and the best set up for a sequel I've ever seen. I want to see it again.
OCvertDe
Finally, someone who's opinion I actually respect gives a verdict on this flick.
Kirk
Saw it yesterday. I liked the way that every action was caused by direct pressure. There was no gratuitous violence, just predictable out comes.
Donnie Darko
It also had a clever understated sense of humor, and plausible social commentary. I have a couple South African friends and they were impressed by how accurately it portrayed South Africa.
dakini_painter
I really liked the movie, though it made me depressed by how accurately it portrayed human nature and how people can so easily do things that don't seem to bad at first, but in reality end up being evil.
Mike R.
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Aug 17 2009, 10:27 AM) *

It also had a clever understated sense of humor, and plausible social commentary. I have a couple South African friends and they were impressed by how accurately it portrayed South Africa.

Bingo.
Patlow
Yeah, thanks for that DD. I was on the fence. Definitely will check it out now.

Hurt Locker is also good. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.