Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leopold Bros. lecture on Absinthe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
Leopold
IPB Image

Ok, I'm really hoping that anyone who lives in Colorado is on vacation, or something, because I errantly thought that this was taking place next month. But the event is sold out (300 ppl). Whoops. My apologies.

Thought you guys would like to at least know that stuff like this is happening. It's a neat lecture series, actually, at Denver's Museum of Contemporary Art. They have two lecturers speak about two totally unrelated subjects for 30 minutes each, and then when both are finished, they open the floor to questions. Sounds really fun. I won't be speaking, as I'm not a fan of being in front of that many people. The other guy is lecturing about melting Artic ice.

We will be pouring absinthe for 300 people. Should be a hoot.
Wild Bill Turkey
The two lectures run concurrently, with each speaker on a different channel of the same audio output. As hard as it is to listen to, it's more of a challenge for the lecturers, and they generally have to wear earplugs and focus on a written script to keep it straight.

Everyone's really ready for that drink when the time bell rings.
turangalila
Seems to me you will get amazing questions, like "How does the accelerating speed of deglaciation affect the ability to louche absinthe off of a dripping iceberg?"

Actually--someone here really should try that in the name of connoisseurship.
Absomphe
Seems to me Sixela is the perfect candidate to do such experimentation, given his predilection for penguins.*

* Yes, Sixer, I'm quite aware that the arctic doesn't include Antarctica, but why quibble over a minor difference like polar opposition.
Patlow
Arctic puffins, maybe…
Tirador
Wish I'd known … we're here half-time now.

S.

QUOTE(Leopold @ Aug 24 2009, 08:37 AM) *

IPB Image

Ok, I'm really hoping that anyone who lives in Colorado is on vacation, or something, because I errantly thought that this was taking place next month. But the event is sold out (300 ppl). Whoops. My apologies.

Thought you guys would like to at least know that stuff like this is happening. It's a neat lecture series, actually, at Denver's Museum of Contemporary Art. They have two lecturers speak about two totally unrelated subjects for 30 minutes each, and then when both are finished, they open the floor to questions. Sounds really fun. I won't be speaking, as I'm not a fan of being in front of that many people. The other guy is lecturing about melting Artic ice.

We will be pouring absinthe for 300 people. Should be a hoot.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.