Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Esprit Vert
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
Steve
Has anyone heard of these guys? I ran across them on twitter. Is this someone we know?
Wild Bill Turkey
Worst website evah.
A stolen background, a cell-phone pic of the bottle, an empty products page, and three shit recipes for spring-break cocktails.

And a Twit page of obsessive posts which drops the phrase "grammar Nazi", which does make it sound as though they've been reading the fora.
Steve
You looked deeper than I did, Bill. Good job… I do wonder who these people are. In a moment of paranoia I wondered if it was JMF.
Alan
Employees listed on Linked In:

* K. Pearce Holland, Senior Business Manager

* Rider Barnum, Owner
Shabba53
They emailed me on LinkedIn a while back asking about who they should talk to regarding distribution and such.

Since I don't know a thing about that side of the biz, I referred them to some producers who have accounts in that area.

They've been reticent to solicit any feedback on their product before they go public though, which kind of worries me.
speedle
That's like movies that aren't shown to critics first. You almost always have to assume they suck.
Ron
we have created a traditional Suisse absinthe recipe with a modern touch…combines the finest qualities of traditional European absinthe with light mint, anise, and licorice flavors…Unlike absinthe flavored spirits, Esprit Vert is a true absinthe…Our commitment to the highest quality, using only natural herbs for color and flavoring along with our unique distillation methods…

Hmm. Modern. Unique distillation. Licorice.
dakini_painter
There's nothing wrong with a little licorice. I thought FDA regulated the amount of glycyrrhizin that can be in the product, but can't find the reference right now.
absinthist
Indeed!™. From 1900 on it was a likely-to-be-found in absinthe ingredient, both in the maceration and post-colouration stages.

The licorice flavours they refer to every anethole buddie flavour; they are propbably thinking that still the majority of Americans identifies anise or fennel notes as these of licorice, I do hope that misleading is over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.