Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free "La Grenouille" bottles
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Conte d'Ugenta
Guys and gals,
like I did with L'Italienne prototype, I'd like to offer 6 bottles of my new creation "La Grenouille" prototype for free to 6 lucky bastards. Since I'd like them to spread all around the world 3 will be available for the EU and 3 for the rest of the world (or should I say US?). Just post here and the list will be made, on a first come basis.
Bottles will be shipped in a matter of a couple of weeks from now.

Love
Stefano
Tibro
Ooh, ooh. Pick me. Pick me. I love those special Mediterramean flavors.
Shabba53
Me! Me! Me!
Steve
Does this project have anything to do with the sample Paolo sent me?
Provenance
I've always appreciated Stefano's fine work.
Kirk
I'd love to try a sample Stefano.
Conte d'Ugenta
This is like US 7 - EU 0… And made me think about: what about an american living in EU? Whatever, the chosen list will be:

US:
- Chrysippvs (he PMed me but been the very first)
- Shabba
- Provenance

EU
- Tibro

So there are still two left for Europeans, but if tomorrow at this time they won't be taken they'll be available for the two americans who didn't make it in time.

Steve, this is the same absinthe Paolo sent you, but that was still an early home-made proto (like the Italienne one I gave you in 2007) and this is a final proto made at the distillery.
Shabba53
Thanks so much Conte. I'm really looking forward to trying it.
Alan
QUOTE(Conte d'Ugenta @ Sep 30 2009, 07:02 AM) *

This is like US 7 - EU 0…

Hi Stefano. I'm EU (unless our next Government opts out). Do I qualify?
Steve
QUOTE(Conte d'Ugenta @ Sep 30 2009, 08:02 AM) *

Steve, this is the same absinthe Paolo sent you, but that was still an early home-made proto (like the Italienne one I gave you in 2007) and this is a final proto made at the distillery.

OK, the mystery is solved. Paolo didn't tell me what it was. When I smelled it I thought, it has to be Stefano's, or else Paolo has stolen some of his herbs! I'm really looking forward to tasting the final version when it's released!
Patlow
Man! It's the quick and the dead around here. I thought I was fast! Heh.
Conte d'Ugenta
QUOTE(Alan @ Sep 30 2009, 07:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Conte d'Ugenta @ Sep 30 2009, 07:02 AM) *

This is like US 7 - EU 0…

Hi Stefano. I'm EU (unless our next Government opts out). Do I qualify?

Yep, PM me your address please

US 7 - EU 1!!
Conte d'Ugenta
QUOTE(Spoon @ Sep 30 2009, 07:39 AM) *

QUOTE(Conte d'Ugenta @ Sep 30 2009, 08:02 AM) *

OK, the mystery is solved. Paolo didn't tell me what it was. When I smelled it I thought, it has to be Stefano's, or else Paolo has stolen some of his herbs! I'm really looking forward to tasting the final version when it's released!

I thought he did… The herbs come from the same source as L'Italienne, but aside from the classic AA, green anise, fennel, lemonbalm and hyssop the rest of the herb bill is completley different. And there's definitely more anise!

Pat and Kirk, Sorry!
Steve
That's very surprising. I recognize one of the very fragrant herbs from l'Italienne, and it's not any of those you mention, unless the Italian varieties are really different!
Provenance
Stefano,

Many thanks.

P.
Kirk
Pat and Kirk, Sorry!

Thanks S, I got a bottle of the first offer, that was very generous of you. Let's let someone else play.
Patlow
Yes, I also received a L'Italienne prototype last year, so cheers!
Tibro
I'm really looking forward to this. A generous friend shared the early L'Italienne prototype with me. And I even had a taste of this current recipe in an early version from an even more interesting source. It was a pleasure. In so many ways. Thank you very much, Stefano.

Problem is, now I' m not sure what team colors I'm supposed to wear.
Conte d'Ugenta
Thanks you all guys!
Gertz
Another one for EU here!
Conte d'Ugenta
Ok we are done even with the Europeans!

Pm me your address please
Provenance
QUOTE(Conte d'Ugenta @ Sep 30 2009, 09:35 AM) *
Thanks you all guys!

Uh…you're the one sending us free booze. Methinks the thanks go in the other direction.
Shabba53
Agreed!
Gertz
Indeed.
Conte d'Ugenta
True, but when I see people reacting with enthusiasm and eager to try my stuff I'm happy. That's why I like to thank you as well.
Tibro
It's worthy of our enthusiasm because of your attention to detail. Thank you.
Marc
Shit! Too late!
Mike R.
If the USA bottles are not spoken for, I am in NJ, USA and would love to try one.

Mike R.
Conte d'Ugenta
Mike, the six bottles are all gone.

Marc you'll surely have a taste sooner or later, don't worry!
Mike R.
QUOTE(Conte d'Ugenta @ Oct 5 2009, 01:07 PM) *

Mike, the six bottles are all gone.

Man……….always a day late and a dollar short……………
Marc
QUOTE(Conte d'Ugenta @ Oct 5 2009, 06:07 PM) *

abs-cheers.gif
martin.zufanek
I was lucky enough to test very first prototype of La Grenouille (session with Tibro and Stefano himself) and I liked it more than L'Italienne! Oh yeah!
Conte d'Ugenta
Bottles sent out today, won't leave until monday tho. Let me know when you get them!
Tibro
QUOTE(martin.zufanek @ Oct 7 2009, 08:52 AM) *

Oh yeah!

Steve
The sample that Paolo dreamweaver80 sent me was a very pale straw yellow color. The bottle is very flat, so it appears even more pale:
Click to view attachment
So I was a bit skeptical at first because of the faint color, and since I knew nothing about the origin. But when louched it had a wonderful fragrance and a delightful taste. I thought that whatever the dark yellow coloring herb from l'Italienne is, it must have been used here with restraint to give it this lovely fragrance.
martin.zufanek
Package is here, unfortunately absinthe is undrinkable - postal suckers completely smashed your package Stefano :( But aroma in package itself is great!

IPB Image
Absomphe
Sad news, Martin.

Sounds like a possible Czech conspiracy to keep you from continuing your research in the name bettering your country's absinthe. wink.gif
Provenance
I'm looking forward to trying La Grenouille.
Tibro
Geez, Martin, I hope they don't all come like that.
Steyr850
QUOTE(Provenance @ Oct 29 2009, 12:42 PM) *

I'm looking forward to trying La Grenouille.
Me too.
I really remember the first L'Italienne. I will never forget how much I loved the combination of that potent skunky Pontarlier wormwood mixed with the citrus. I never tasted the second version, but I'd wished I'd kept a smidge of the first.

Damn
Shabba53
Got mine today! Perfect condition. abs-cheers.gif
Alan
Mine arrived today too. Perfect synchronised shipping!

Since I am a few hours ahead of Shabba, I've started to enjoy mine already. abs-cheers.gif More later!

Tibro
I think fairies must have brought mine during the night. It was waiting on my front steps when I opened the door this morning. No sign of delivery men or vans. I'm going to interpret this as a propitious sign.
Gertz
Mine has arrived safe and sound as well. I've had a cold the last few days, so I'll leave it until I can actually taste something.
Provenance
Received, battered but intact.

I'm really liking La Grenouille even though I wouldn't expect to. I favor traditional absinthes and La Grenouille is somewhat non-traditional. There is an herb or two there that I wasn't expecting. But it works. Clearly a well crafted absinthe.

I think Stefano has another winner.

Many thanks.
Shabba53
Agreed. The aroma is strikingly sweet, with almost a marshmallowy character with hints of vanilla. The flavor isn't nearly as sweet at the aroma would imply and is well balanced and light. Overall, I really like it.
Provenance
I know what you mean about the aroma. I wouldn't describe it as "sweet" but it certainly is striking. As thoughts as to what herb is responsible?
Steve
Doesn't it smell like an herb used in l'Italienne?
Provenance
My take is that the distinct note on the aroma is quite different than l'Italienne.
Alan
I've enjoyed this several times over the last few days. Thanks, Stefano!

Louches nicely at about 3:1.

Initial floral and minty notes. Then cardamom, spicy and just a hint of citrus.

Very pleasant, complex but well-balanced taste. A little bitter but no need for sugar.

20 minutes after drinking and I've got a great taste of herbs and a bit of honey in my mouth.

I haven't had L'Italienne so I can't make any comparisons. But there's nothing in this that surprises me too much and lots to enjoy.

I'll be sharing in the next few days with someone who starts a new online business very soon. Hopefully another customer for you, Stefano.

By the way, do others see the name as a dig at the French? Us Brits affectionately call the French "frogs," but I don't imagine the Italians would call them that …

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.