Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NYC
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Corn Hole
Shabba53
I'll be in Manhattan next week for vacation and I'm free on Tuesday and Wednesday evening if anyone wants to grab a drink or two.
G&C
Thanks for the offer but I'll be on the other coast,
where I usually am.
Donnie Darko
I'm already blindingly overcommitted, otherwise I'd definitely join you, but the two places you should get a drink are Little Branch and Pigalle (also try PDT if you can get in). Little Branch makes cocktail art and Pigalle is a classic french bistro that serves absinthe properly.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ Oct 5 2009, 01:41 PM) *

I'll be in Manhattan next week for incarceration and I'm free on Tuesday…

Good to hear.

Long stretches are difficult to pull there, as Escape from New York and my misspent youth so vividly demonstrated.
Shabba53
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Oct 5 2009, 09:43 PM) *

I'm already blindingly overcommitted, otherwise I'd definitely join you, but the two places you should get a drink are Little Branch and Pigalle (also try PDT if you can get in). Little Branch makes cocktail art and Pigalle is a classic french bistro that serves absinthe properly.

Will do! Hal Wolin from A Muddled Thought has an evening of cocktailing planned for my wife and I. One of the places on the list is PDT. I'll make sure to get to the other two on other nights!

If you're free for lunch any day during the week, let me know. Maybe we can at least grab a bite.
dakini_painter
Is Death & Co on your list? For cocktails, it's repeatedly listed as #1 in NYC.

There's another place on the same street, other side towards 1st Ave, with tiles and ornamental ironwork, and a nice door. Inside you'll find artisanal tequila and mescal, and perhaps other artisanal spirits (not mine at present).

I'm available to come down to the city on the 14th if you want. If I don't hear from you, I'll just distill that day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.