Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: in dubious taste
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Marc
I can't remember if it has already been posted here but those spoons came on the market in 2002 :

IPB Image
Steve
"Dubious" would not be the word I would choose. Who made those? I could guess but I don't want to falsely accuse.
Marc
No idea who made those.
Kirk
Or why.
absinthist
To appease the masses. Some people are still that stupid to believe in Communism, Hitlerism or Gaullism.

As if alcoholism was not 'nuff.
Wild Bill Turkey
I don't mind the Cross of Lorraine at all.

The ancient Anasazi symbol for "many roads leading to 'center place' " would have been a lot nicer as a pre-ban spoon, while the symbology was still beautiful.

Funky D
Ditto on the Swastika… It's historically a religious symbol for Buddhism and other Eastern religions. A shame it has to be associated with the Nazis…
Tibro
Um, he is referring to the swastika.
Funky D
Ahh, never heard it referred to as a Anasazi symbol… actually, I never knew it had any historical significance on this side of the pond. Wikipedia to my rescue…
Bruno Rygseck
Used also before WWII and nazis by us…
Marc
IPB Image
Native American basketball team in 1909.

Well, I've tried to explain Oxy that it would be a good logo for the Absinthe Mafia but for whatever reason, he disagreed…
Kirk
One of the things that attracted men to the service in Nazi Germany was the cool uniforms and shiny emblems.
speedle
Clearly.
Steve
How about some lovely swastikas on your wedding cake.

IPB Image
pierreverte
ironically, first seen in the air on an American piloted plane…
dom_lochet
QUOTE(Marc @ Oct 14 2009, 12:19 AM) *

Well, I've tried to explain Oxy that it would be a good logo for the Absinthe Mafia but for whatever reason, he disagreed…

Fucking Buddhist…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.