Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nemesinthe?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Donnie Darko
http://www.absintheonline.com/acatalog/Tim…Distillery.html

What's this one? The funny thing is I knew of a micro batch product from a long time ago with the same name, but this is definitely not that absinthe.
OCvertDe
I just got an email about this one the other day…

I was actually waiting for you to try it.
Provenance
The name was inappropriate. Most companies do some form of "due diligence" before using a brand name in commerce. Even a quick google check would show that an absinthe that name had already been produced albeit not trademarked.

I would be curious to hear from a representative of the company to know why they used the name. Did they not know it was already used or did they not care?
Donnie Darko
Perhaps the distiller was not aware of it, but I'd be very surprised if LDF wasn't aware of it. Since the original was made for no purpose beyond sharing, I suppose the name is just as share-able as the contents were.

But I think whoever made the original Nemesinthe should get a free case of Jade as a good will gesture.
Provenance
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Nov 2 2009, 09:55 AM) *
But I think whoever made the original Nemesinthe should get a free bottle of Pernod Fils as a good will gesture.

absinthist

But I think whoever made the original Nemesinthe should get a free crate of C.F. Berger as a good will gesture.

Corrected.
G&C
QUOTE(absinthist @ Nov 2 2009, 11:59 AM) *

But I think whoever made the original Nemesinthe should get a free crate of C.F. Berger as a good will gesture.

Corrected.
Wild Bill Turkey
a modern absinthe aimed at contemporary drinkers

I wish this wasn't in Advertese. They spent 12 months developing something, with a goal in mind. What was it? What makes this absinthe different?
eric
It sounds dangerously close to "made especially for cocktails".
Translation - "We don't how to make a proper Absinthe, so this is what we came up with".
absinthist
Thus, a contemporary absinth(e) for modern drinkers.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Nov 2 2009, 03:05 PM) *

I wish this wasn't in Advertese. They spent 12 months developing something, with a goal in mind. What was it? What makes this absinthe different?

That it's for "modern drinkers" who like an absinthe that has a "fresh taste with a kick" and is named after an HG that was named after a Greek Goddesses, dumbass. Other absinthes are for archaic drinkers who like mildewed tastes that are kickless.
absinthist
http://absinthe-review.net/forums/showthre…id=4584#pid4584

…™
Jaded Prole
Translation - "We don't how to make a proper Absinthe, so this is what we came up with".

Prezactly. And then the nerve of using that name -- a double insult.

A crotchpunch is in order.
Alan
Appropriate.

After all, Nemesis was "known as the Goddess of Vengeance and Retribution."
absinthist
Aux armes les absintheurs!
Formez vos bataillons!
Marchez, marchez, le sang des profiteurs™
Rougira nos sillons!
Provenance
The irony is they took the name but that was far from the best part. In keeping with Forum Etiquette I will comment no further.
G&C
In keeping with Forum Etiquette I will comment no further.

Odd wolf out…
Provenance
Always.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(absinthist @ Nov 2 2009, 01:59 PM) *

Corrected.

Correct.

Has anyone ever even discovered a crate of C.F. Berger though? Perhaps whoever created the original Nemesinthe should be given a time machine as a good will gesture also.
absinthist
Whoever created the original Namesinthe should be given the time machine. And bring us back a crate of C.F. Berger blanche, too. I am sure it should on the promotion in the Leclerc of the heyday.

IPB Image

Absomphe
Nemesinthe appears to be the most inexpensive absinthe on its home website.

Of course, if it were the original, money would be no object.
Absinthe Ben
The only other absinthe at that price is the Duplais balance. While it's not at the top of my list, I'd take that over Nemesinthe any day from what I've been told by those that have tasted it. I should have my sample in by early next week, so I'll report back.

Regarding the creator of the original Nemesinthe, maybe we could pitch in and send him some goodies.:)

QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Nov 2 2009, 08:05 PM) *

Good question. Something tells me we won't be getting an answer, though…
speedle
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Nov 3 2009, 12:13 PM) *

QUOTE(absinthist @ Nov 2 2009, 01:59 PM) *

Corrected.

Correct.

Has anyone ever even discovered a crate of C.F. Berger though? Perhaps whoever created the original Nemesinthe should be given a time machine as a good will gesture also.

I bet Oxy knows.
Artemis
Click to view attachment A pitcher is worth a thousand mominettes

Donnie Darko
That label sure beats the UK one.
absinthist
The colour, too. And the packaging is just right. Arty, you bastard heart.gif ! I thought all the Nemesinthe had been already drunk.
Artemis
That picture was taken in November, but it was several Novembers ago. I'm confident the bottles were emptied the same day, or shortly after. I might have emptied them myself, but I don't remember. A lot of people were there.
absinthist
QUOTE(Artemis @ Nov 4 2009, 10:56 AM) *

the bottles were emptied the same day, or shortly after, but I don't remember.

That's the spirit of true Art!
Absinthe Ben
QUOTE(Artemis @ Nov 4 2009, 06:56 PM) *

I don't remember. A lot of people were there.

That's how you know you had a good time. LARS!.gif
Absinthe Ben
Just tried Nemesinthe…SAVE YOUR MONEY, friends.

Nose is almost purely alcohol neat. There's a bit of a lemony twang to it, but the bitterness, numbing and rough alcohol taste are largely overwhelming. Mid-palate it reminds me of those Dutch licorice candies that are very tar like and overly rich.

Blech!
Marc
Thanks Ben for saving us some bucks.

The bottle is really ugly btw

IPB Image
Absinthe Ben
What are you going on about? That's clearly the fanciest screw cap any one of us have ever laid eyes on…
Tibro
Other than the label, contents and screw cap I really like the bottle. Seriously.
Donnie Darko
So all LDF needs to do is dump out the contents, refill it with Vieux Pontarlier, change the label and put in a T-Cork, and they'll have a winner.
Tibro
Easier than reinventing the wheel. There's hope for this project yet.
Wild Bill Turkey
But the Vieux Pontarlier bottle is still nicer.
What if they dumped out the contents, threw away the bottle, got an empty Vieux Pontarlier bottle, and filled it with Vieux Pontarlier, added a T-cork, and found a better label, like that nice shiny one on the VP bottle?
Grim
Does anybody know who (if anyone) consulted these guys?

If not consultation, someone certainly spoke with them before-the-fact.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(Absinthe Ben @ Nov 7 2009, 07:44 AM) *

What are you going on about? That's clearly the fanciest screw cap any one of us have ever laid eyes on…

My money's on the Doubs Mystique screw cap.

Literally.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Grim @ Nov 7 2009, 04:15 PM) *

Does anybody know who (if anyone) consulted these guys?

If not consultation, someone certainly spoke with them before-the-fact.

"12 Months of Development" was mentioned on the LDF page. Sounds like "file under Doubs original". I'm looking forward to whenever Nemesinthe Mystique comes out.
Oxygenee
Nothing whatsoever to do with Doubs….
speedle
…to do with Doubs.

That sounds funny if you say it a few times fast.
Absomphe
Or not.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Nov 9 2009, 10:07 PM) *

Nothing whatsoever to do with Doubs….

Bummer. That means there will be no sequel with a great wormwood aroma and taste, pretty color and nice louche. It's OK though, that just means less money I'll have to spend.
Oxygenee
As an absinthe historian, I was happy to recently find this 1899 engraving showing Peter Schaf's reaction to a mildly critical review of the new "Nemesinthe".

Marc
lol

(sorry, I couldn't resist)
scuto
I save my nicer bottles for smashing people in the face, too.
Donnie Darko
That's just a friendly empty bottle toss competition. If it were absinthe somebody would have pulled a Rimbaud.
Provenance
And choked a chicken?
Tibro
Hendrixed™ is the way I heard it.
G&C
Indeed!™
Hendrixed!™
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.