Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Delaware Phoenix Meadow of Love
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Id Wizzard
I searched the brand section and the were a few mentions of MoL but couldn't find it as a topic. I did give up after going through about a dozen pages.

So, if i missed seeing the topic and am just being redundant, sorry. But who cares this stuff is great and has impressed me. So, if there's more than one thread, I hope it's ok.

So here's my two cents:

I got my first Delaware Phoenix Meadow of Love bottles about a week ago.

I had heard from friends that know their absinthe and are very clear on what is good and what isn't, this was one of the best absinthes out there.

I poured the first glass and the aroma was absolutely beautiful. Really clean and crisp. A good friend once told me "when you pop the cork on a bottle of great absinthe, it smells like a spring day". Well, that certainly true of MoL.

Once louched, dinking it was all you could ever expect of a great absinthe. The flavors were clean, crisp and full. Extremely well crafted.

I think Cheryl has brought a really great absinthe to us. I wish her all the succes she deserves.

Next I'll try Walton Waters.

Really!
id
Kirk
It's my favorite commercial product, if you can call it commercial, Cheryl makes all her absinthe in a very small, copper pot still.
Green Baron
It's quite easy to agree that the DPsinthes are right at the top.

I think Meadow of Love is amazing. As your bottle ages, note how the flavor evolves and the wormwood really comes out.

Walton Waters is great too; I think it takes a little more breathing but it does catch up to MoL in tastyness.
Tibro
She does make some good drinks, doesn't she?
oglala56
Cheryl does make an excellent product…Two of my favorites..Walton Waters and Meadow of Love..
Absinthesizer
I've had Meadow of Love side-by-side with a well-aged bottle of PF 1901, and speaking as an unapologetic Teddite, I couldn't decide which one I preferred. MoL is fabulous. I can't wait to try WW.
EdwardIIINYAbsinthe
DP products are fantastic! We are proud to be from the same state.

LARS!.gif
absinthist
But you are not the same quality, mind you.
EdwardIIINYAbsinthe
I love DP!

Great product but in Manhattan its $92 a bottle. well worth it. she has to let the herbs settle for a month so it sells out all the time. We are always around in case u want to try for $36.99

Legler-Pernod-mini.gif
Phoenix
nvm
Kirk
QUOTE(EdwardIIINYAbsinthe @ Feb 10 2010, 08:58 PM) *

I love DP!

Great product but in Manhattan its $92 a bottle. well worth it. she has to let the herbs settle for a month so it sells out all the time. We are always around in case u want to try for $36.99

Legler-Pernod-mini.gif

Is that what settling does?
Tibro
I'd recommend not settling for the cheaper product.
Donnie Darko

I love DP!

Legler-Pernod-mini.gif

It's not $92 a bottle, you sneaky bastard. It's $75. Which, by volume, is only ONE DOLLAR more than your product (math lesson: 375ml @37.00 + 375ml @37.00 = 750ml @ 74.00. DP is 750ml @ 75.00) . Grossly exaggerating her price while pushing the fact that yours is supposedly so much less expensive (when in fact the price difference is one dollar) is a strange way to complement her product, but a clever way to sell your booze. In a thread specifically for her product, no less, when you already have a thread of your own.

What a dick.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Tibro @ Feb 11 2010, 02:39 AM) *

I'd recommend not settling for the cheaper product.

It isn't cheaper. By volume it's $1 less than DP's absinthe. By ethanol content, however, DP is 68% whereas EIII is 58%, so in my opinion paying the extra dollar for 10% more ethanol is cheaper. Unless EIII tastes as good or better than DP, it's pretty clear to anyone who can count which one is the better bargain.

Is anyone in here is stupid enough to fall for this guy hijacking a thread complementing DP in order to exaggerate her price while sneaking in a sales pitch for his product?
Screwtape

You, sir, are a spherical jackass, which is to say a jackass from every conceivable angle.

I say that we reserve the well deserved bile for another post and let this be about Cheryl and her fine products.
Tibro
Sorry, Donnie. Thanks for pointing out my mistake. Hell if I could have been bothered to click through for any information on his product. My bad for assuming he was playing it straight. Shame on me, I should've known better than to make such a foolish assumption.

Must be time for some more Delaware Phoenix.
Kirk
I knew he was course but I did not expect a liar. 95$ sounded wrong too.
Kirk
she has to let the herbs settle for a month so it sells out all the time.

You should learn how to distill before offering advice to someone who does.
In fact, you should phone in your posts, the way you do your absinthe.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Tibro @ Feb 11 2010, 08:49 AM) *

Sorry, Donnie. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

You made no mistake. The mistake is his for trying to pull the wool over people's eyes in a thread that made no mention of his absinthe until he decided to walk in with bogus price comparisons.
EdwardIIINYAbsinthe
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Feb 11 2010, 08:00 AM) *

I love DP!

Legler-Pernod-mini.gif

It's not $92 a bottle, you sneaky bastard. It's $75. Which, by volume, is only ONE DOLLAR more than your product (math lesson: 375ml @37.00 + 375ml @37.00 = 750ml @ 74.00. DP is 750ml @ 75.00) . Grossly exaggerating her price while pushing the fact that yours is supposedly so much less expensive (when in fact the price difference is one dollar) is a strange way to complement her product, but a clever way to sell your booze. In a thread specifically for her product, no less, when you already have a thread of your own.

What a dick.

Union sq wnes its 94$ with tax near my house check their website. with tax cheapest place is 80$ plus dollars worth it, but expensive
EdwardIIINYAbsinthe
QUOTE(Kirk @ Feb 11 2010, 09:48 AM) *

she has to let the herbs settle for a month so it sells out all the time.

You should learn how to distill before offering advice to someone who does.
In fact, you should phone in your posts, the way you do your absinthe.

You should do the same with your herbs Gene Wilder, although I loved you in willy wanka.
Jaded Prole
His herbs are the best you can't get.

Also, he knows more about distilling absinthe when hes blind drunk then you will probably ever know.
EdwardIIINYAbsinthe
QUOTE(Tibro @ Feb 11 2010, 08:49 AM) *

Sorry, Donnie. Thanks for pointing out my mistake. Hell if I could have been bothered to click through for any information on his product. My bad for assuming he was playing it straight. Shame on me, I should've known better than to make such a foolish assumption.

Must be time for some more Delaware Phoenix.

If we release a 750 it will be substantially less cost than double our 375…the monkeys on here proved nothing. Our 750 may be in the 59.95 range, but we not using same bottle.

I am designing a nice pyramid with the golden section and Fibonacci worked in.

QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Feb 11 2010, 10:05 AM) *

His herbs are the best you can't get.

Also, he knows more about distilling absinthe when hes blind drunk then you will probably ever know.

Yes i love his kentucky blue grass, whole herbs rock.
Jaded Prole
It's what's inside the bottle that counts
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(EdwardIIINYAbsinthe @ Feb 11 2010, 10:02 AM) *

Union sq wnes its 94$ with tax near my house check their website. with tax cheapest place is 80$ plus dollars worth it, but expensive

If USQ wines is near your house then Astor is within walking distance too, which sells it for $15 less. Tax or no tax, 750ml of her "expensive" absinthe costs $1 more than 750ml of your absinthe. So why, in order to make a comparison, did you list the highest price you could find for DP at a store that doesn't even sell your absinthe rather than the price at the store that everybody in NYC knows has the best prices and carries both her and your absinthe, Astor?

I'm just a monkey of course, and don't know how to compare prices. Obviously the correct way to compare prices is to 1) find the most expensive place that carries DP and add tax to the price, and then 2) find the cheapest place that carries EIII and list the half-bottle price without tax included and tell everybody what a huge difference it is.

The bottom line is that your absinthe may be awesome, in fact it may be the best blanche ever made. But posting the highest price you could find for DP while posting the lowest for yours doesn't make it look like you're selling your absinthe on its own merits. It makes it look like you're trying to sell it with used-car salesman math. In a thread for somebody else's absinthe, no less. That won't work here.
Tibro
Just seems like some folks insist on shitting where they eat, which even most animals have the sense not to do.

Others, on the other hand, strew the path with violets.

You pick who'd you'd rather share a drink with.
brasil
The user "EDWARDIIINYABSINTHE" does NOT represent the views of the company that makes Edward III New York Absinthe, and I as 50% owner of the company hereby disavow all comments made by that user as not my own thoughts, opinions, or statements of the company as a whole.

I apologize if any comments have been construed as "spam," "shilling," or incorrect information about our product, someone else's product, or absinthe in general.

P.S. - Cheryl Lins has an exceptional absinthe product and the price is directly related to the low volume and high cost of using the quality of herbs she uses. We wish her all the success in the world.
Shabba53
Did Mark go off the wall again?
Kirk
Yes i love his kentucky blue grass, whole herbs rock.

I haven't tried it but I do not recommend smoking my herbs.
How do they taste?
Leopold
Let's do DP a favor and get this thread back to Meadow of Love…..
kaseijin
…which is excellent.

I should probably procure some more of DP's fine products ere long.
Nephrite
My Meadow of Love arrived today… it was worth maxing out my next to last credit card. Looking forward to tax returns!
Grim
QUOTE(Leopold @ Feb 11 2010, 07:48 PM) *

Let's do DP a favor and get this thread back to Meadow of Love…..

Class sticks out in this thread like Kirk's recherché-herbs atop heaps of Mountain-Rose waste.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Nephrite @ Feb 12 2010, 01:33 AM) *

My Meadow of Love arrived today… it was worth maxing out my next to last credit card. Looking forward to tax returns!

Yeah, that tax return is my jobs stimulus plan too. Sure, it will mostly only result in only Cheryl, Kirk, Astor and the state of NY getting $, but hey, I'm happy to stimulate the economy any way I can.
Screwtape
If you consider it voting with your dollar, I sure dig your politics, man.
Wild Bill Turkey
IPB Image
OCvertDe
Shiyat… that's an easy one!
G&C
I'm going for the Pit of Love.
G&C
Or was that the Fiery Meadow?
Green Baron
If that's the case I'd wanna know if "fiery" refers to natural hair color or a communicable medical condition.
G&C
Who cares as long as it tastes good?
Tibro
And after indulging do you worry if your Walton Waters?
Absomphe
If not, hopefully you'll have some Fernod Pis in reserve.
Kirk
As I was planning a trip to upstate New York for the fall colors in the Catskills anyway, Eric agreed to meet me there Sept 17th and together with Cheryl we will be combining the best of 2011's herb harvest with Cheryl's equipment and expertise, hopefully to make a drinkable absinthe, called Blues Cat. We are booked at the Walton Inn, Walton New York .83 miles from the distillery. Rooms are limited, probably a boring event for most, but if you like, come hang out with us and put in your 2 cents worth as we discuss protocol and recipes. Check in on the 17th, out on the 22nd.
sbmac
As someone who knows Cheryl, loves her creations, and has been to her distillery, you are in for a treat! She is a unique, intelligent and powerful woman, with a passion for detail and quality. Walton is cute little upstate NY town..some nice antique stores there!
Steve
Epic! I had heard a rumor about something like this. It's really nice of you to post a public invitation. Hmmmm….
OCvertDe
Blues Cat, eh? This sounds interesting.
absinthist
Shall be a blast! Three Artists working together.
Kirk
3 passionate people= laughs, tears, possible broken bones.
absinthist
Keeping my fingers crossed, though. If you break some profiteers™' bones by the way, why fucking not? LARS!.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.