Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: German film star drinks absinthe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
Steve
Mike from Alandia posted this video on facebook. They drip absinthe from a fountain and then set it on fire. I don't understand German, but hopefully they are saying, "this is not the way to do it!".
absinthist
Sadly, they aren't. She knows next to nothing and he is her "mentor."
TheMacDonald
How many times can you mention Toulouse-Lautrec in one conversation?
kaseijin
Sadly, they do this in the States, too.

I went to a really nice fondue restaurant last weekend. Had good fondue in good company. As we walked in, I noticed an absinthe fountain on the bar, with a bit of green/blue in it and a bottle of LTV on the shelf behind. Perusing their spirits selection the only absinthe they had listed was the LTV.

I did not see any preparation, but I can only imagine what they were doing with that absinthe in that fountain.

They also had some absolutely horrendous mixed drink called an "absinthetini" featuring LTV, cointreau, amaretto, and a few other things. It sorta looked like a kitchen-sink variety of drink, both in terms of what went into it AND where you wanted to put it after tasting some.
speedle
Hmmm…green ice water. What'll they think of next over in the Fatherland?
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(kaseijin @ Nov 20 2009, 03:41 PM) *

They also had some absolutely horrendous mixed drink called an "absinthetini"

This is the wave of the future.
Absinthe-Midori swizzles with a dash of Chambord and an insulin back. Get on board or get left behind.
Stroller
A lil' sumthin sumthin for Hobgoblin.
Green Baron
That actor played the lead in the mediocre (and by mediocre, I mean way better than that cinematic piece of fetid dogshit, Flyboys) German movie The Red Baron (2008).

During a brief scene in a chateau/brothel, you can clearly see an (empty) absinthe fountain on the table, but it looks like most of the characters are drinking champagne. Apparently even the Germans think cheep champagne tastes better than burnt La Fee.
Tibro
They probably had Elixier on the movie set before deciding it wasn't even appropriate as a prop. The actor then thought he was doing a service by introducing the Frau to La Fee instead.

Sometimes it takes many small steps to accomplish … nothing.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Tibro @ Nov 20 2009, 11:59 PM) *

The actor then knew he was doing a service by introducing the Frau to La Fee instead.

Fixed.

The gulf between Elixier and (even) La Fee is vast, wide, and deep.
Tibro
Like the difference between a woman being pregnant or just a little bit pregnant?
OCvertDe
More like the difference between a woman being pregnant or just eating too much squirrel and shitting out wooden tokens.
Guess which is which.
kaseijin
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Nov 20 2009, 04:45 PM) *

Absinthe-Midori swizzles with a dash of Chambord and an insulin back. Get on board or get left behind.

The bar my band played at Saturday night was running this as their drink special: LTV and Red Bull. frusty.gif
BrSpiritus
QUOTE(kaseijin @ Dec 7 2009, 11:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Nov 20 2009, 04:45 PM) *

The bar my band played at Saturday night was running this as their drink special: LTV and Red Bull. frusty.gif

Oh let the college kids have their fun. If it can't make them go from zero to plastered in .0000001 seconds it's not interesting to them.

BR

BTW - What the heck it LTV?
G&C
The green torment.
Absomphe
Aptly named.

Or so I've heard.
OCvertDe
The flaming mouthwash of Paris Hilton.
Absomphe
Cum again?

Nevermind.
Green Baron
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Feb 20 2010, 07:49 AM) *

Craptly named.

So liquid turd.

Fixed.

Aint nothin' green about that blue Aqua Velva tasting bullshit.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Feb 20 2010, 10:59 PM) *

Cum again?

Nevermind.

Indeed… best leave sleeping drunk posts lie
or some such other BS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.