Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glad to be on board!
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Steverino
Hello everyone and happy New Year!

I'm new to absinthe and I find it very interesting and facinating. I'm 50 years old and I live in New Bern North Carolina. I'm a self employed computer technician and I have been maried to my wife Tammy for 11 years.

My friend, Robert Hennon and I have both recently tried absinthe for the first time. In fact, we video taped the preparation and posted the video on YouTube. Click on <this link> to see it. We didn't have an absinthe fountain, so we used a turkey baster. I welcome any feedback. From what I've read, we did not add enough water. We were using Vieux Pontarlier in the video. I've recently purchased some Duplais Swiss Absinthe Verte and I look forward to trying it soon. I hope to learn from this forum and I hope to be able to contribute after I gain some knowledge.

Steve Smith
Kirk
Hello there.
Marc
Welcome Steve!
OCvertDe
Welcome!
Steve
Welcome, Steve!

Interesting use of a turkey baster! I didn't watch it to the end, but water proportion is a personal thing. I tend to add less water than most.

I'm not going to tell you that you can't post in Comic Sans, but I can tell you I find it annoying as hell, and am less likely to read what you write if you do that. I recommend going with the default font and size like 99.9% of the rest of us, but do as you want.
Tibro
What he said.
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 1 2010, 07:33 PM) *

Interesting use of a turkey baster!

You don't see this phrase used often enough around here anymore.
Dubious
Hello Steverino,

Heh, great minds etc. I'll also be doing much the same thing (with the exact same absinthe), but I'm waiting on some stuff to come in from France. I have tried a few glasses of it, and I like it very much. Cheers,

- dubious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.