Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello From NYC
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Pages: 1, 2
EdwardIIINYAbsinthe
Legler-Pernod-mini.gif absintheglass-glow2.gif

Nice to meet you all!
EdwardIIINYAbsinthe
Hello Everyone..

Here is a link to some of the press we have received prior to our release.

Edward III New York Absinthe:

http://edwardthethirdnewyorkabsinthe.blogs…press-info.html

------------------------
Ps if any of you have ordered our brand your bottles will soon be on the way. We know its been a long wait and are working hard to get them out asap. It is not Kamal's fault. We are honest and promise to get them to you.

THanks for your patience.

Mark

Tibro
Is this about introducing yourself to us or just to our money? Little light on the personal side of things. Ah, heck, that's okay, you only get one chance to make a first impression anyway.
Marc
Welcome Edward.
I agree a little background about you and the distillery would be a good thing to start with.
OCvertDe
He appears to be a cuddly fellow.
EdwardIIINYAbsinthe
Hello this is Mark not Edward.

I started out in the liquor business 14 years ago working with distributors and retail shops. Legler-Pernod-mini.gif Later that sparked an interest in making infusions. Friends really like the spirits I would make and mentioned I should bring them to market. Which lead to my Golf and Distillery tours of Scotland from Isley to the Mainland. After much review I became interested in having a distilled spirit developed and continued my studies and visitation of distilleries throughout Europe and the United States. It was, visiting Tuthilltown in upstate New York that developed our interest in making a local NY ABsinthe.

EdwardIIINYAbsinthe
Just a little fun for the board.
Shabba53
Well this has been fun…
eric
Kind of confirms some of what I have heard about this particular project.
Donnie Darko
Insulting potential customers is a rather curious way to build up a customer base.

I suppose the maker of Edward III was too busy "making sure our first production batch is as good as it can possibly be" to notice that many distillers are treated with respect and welcomed with open arms here. It's no matter though, I suppose he did us the favor of saving some of us $ that might otherwise have been spent satisfying curiosity about Edward III.

Incidentally, was this that absinthe that was posted about awhile ago involving a photo taken in a NYC apartment of a white absinthe in a dirty glass?

Too bad he edited the post, as the unsolicited insults were worth preserving as a big red flag. Marc said "Welcome", Tibro gave a little nudge about forum etiquette, OCVertde appeared to give him the benefit of the doubt, and then a diatribe about what a bunch of worthless assholes we all were and even insults towards his own marketing partner ensued. It's like a bad reality show I accidentally stumbled on while changing channel. KEWL.
eric
Retrieved for for your enjoyment…

Hi this is the real Edward, developer of the formula and label design for Edward III New York Absinthe, guessing my business partner's password after being informed that he had ventured here by a little birdie.

My business partner is on the Advertising, Marketing, and Legal side of the business, however he has a loose trigger finger when it comes to expressing himself on the internet, which is why months ago we engaged a PR company that was started by some good friends of ours. Mark has gone astray and already forgotten our reasons for doing that.

From past experience, I PERSONALLY (that means me, Edward) learned that there is nothing to be gained from posting here. There is no useful knowledge about the absinthe making process readily offered, there is no polite discourse when a question is asked, and there is no end to the baiting and ganging up from liquored up people behind a keyboard.

First and foremost, our Absinthe project is a BUSINESS, and we are not doing this solely for the enjoyment of some… god, the words are just welling up inside of me….. "people" on a forum, but it is also a labor of love, and we have made efforts to ensure that we release the best possible product, not some crap shaken up in a carboy just to make a buck.

It was nice dipping my foot in the Fee Verte cesspool for a minute, but now I have to get back to more important things, like making sure our first production batch is as good as it can possibly be.
eric
Gotta luv that back button. viking_emoticon.gif
Kirk
"This is a business".
To hell with what the people who know think.
eam5171
There has to be something that I am completely missing from this conversation… I'm guessing it's not good either.
eric
I just wanted everyone to know the Real Edward.
http://www.feeverte.net/forum/index.php?sh…c=5149&st=0
eric
Oh. by the way,
Welcome to Fee Verte!
Marc
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jan 6 2010, 03:48 PM) *

and then a diatribe about what a bunch of worthless assholes we all were and even insults towards his own marketing partner ensued.

Shit! I missed that part, he has edited his post.
eam5171
Oh! I guess that was the part I was missing. It all comes together.
Kirk
Check post number 11 @ 9:58.
Eric used the way back machine.
Kirk
Eduard, this forum is about sharing information and having fun.
If I shared anything pressing right now, with you,
it wouldn't be fun.
Steve
Thanks for preserving that, Eric. These little gems are too often lost.
Marc
Yes, thanks Eric.

"there is nothing to be gained from posting here. There is no useful knowledge about the absinthe making process readily offered"
Fée Verte - Since 1997
Edward III - Since… a few months
kaseijin
*sniff*

[clip] Eh, I had more here, but you know… arguing on the internet… special Olympics… all that. And Kirk said it far better, anyhow.[/clip]

Edit: I also have to confess that I am curious as to why you link to reviews of Delaware Phoenix on your Ed3 blog. I can't imagine it being the decision of a PR consultant.

http://edwardthethirdnewyorkabsinthe.blogspot.com/
brasil
QUOTE(Marc @ Jan 6 2010, 01:49 PM) *

Yes, thanks Eric.

"there is nothing to be gained from posting here. There is no useful knowledge about the absinthe making process readily offered"
Fée Verte - Since 1997
Edward III - Since… a few months

Glad I checked the replies before posting. Trust fund? That's a laugh! You probably think everyone who lives in NYC and tries to start a business has a trust fund. And although that page was not created by me and I was not consulted about it, the "press clippings" page links to the New York Times story about Cheryl Lins because it includes the first mention of our absinthe in the paper of record (the last sentence of Paragraph II). We have nothing but admiration for Cheryl and what she's doing, and it's also nice to see my name in the New York Times for the first time. As I was saying…..

Nothing was gained from posting here. All that was offered was punctuation advice with regard to capitalization. I thoroughly enjoyed re-reading that old thread again and still stand by everything I said at the time. You are also incorrect with your "a few months" statement. The project started research and development 2 YEARS ago.

Fee Verte - A bunch of talk
Edward III - Action

(and yes, I realize some of our producing comrades are on here, but for some reason they're a lot more polite at the Wormwood Society's forums, where for the record, I have not posted but have read)

Btw, my original question had been about scaling up the batches, and shit howdy shucks, that turned out to be the only significant problem we encountered and a very valid question. Someone on this very forum who shall remain completely anonymous did in fact offer our distiller some valuable guidance on the subject, although I'm still not clear on whether it had anything to do with my posts or was a pre-existing, unrelated connection (I believe it was the latter). We ate an entire 100 case production run because although it was pretty good, it was not fantastic, and when your name and design are on something you tend to want it to kick ass and not be mediocre, at least I do.

With all that said, I bid you all farewell for now. There are things to see and people to do and a product to release.

cdog-plain.gif pirate2.gif

…and cornholing internet pirates on the loose who must be stopped immediately.

p.s. - to all naysayers, this special message still lives forever on the internets and in the words of Frank Zappa, "it's winking at you": http://www.feeverte.net/forum/index.php?s=…st&p=170370
Provenance
QUOTE(brasil @ Mar 9 2009, 01:57 PM) *
making absinthe is likely how i'm going to be making a living

Perhaps not.
Shabba53
For the record, I think a lot of the problems encountered here stemmed from a lack of respect for the decorum of the site, and quite a bit of overreaction to some sarcastic comments. Once you overreacted and started showing some 'tude, it was all downhill.

A few minor changes in the tone of certain posts could have completely changed the outcome.
Tibro
Nice sugar coating. "Lack of respect for decorum"? I'm inclined to be believe the problem is more than superficial and procedural. In spite of himself, he found someone here who was willing to help him, and still fucked up. The problem is more fundamental than "decorum".

QUOTE(Tibro @ Jan 6 2010, 06:28 AM) *

Ah, heck, that's okay, you only get one chance to make a first impression anyway.

Some things never change. Here's to consistency. cdog-plain.gif
Shabba53
No sugar coating. Reread how this all went down. It's pretty obvious they both got defensive when they read some comments that should have been viewed as sarcastic. After that, it turned into a shitstorm.
Tibro
I wish someone had captured that lovely photo he posted of his proto-product. Worth a thousand words, that was.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(brasil @ Jan 6 2010, 03:08 PM) *

Fee Verte - A bunch of talk
Edward III - Action

Talk can often lead to action, and action can lead to more talk (this procedure is how people learn things). For example, we told you what the shift key was for, and while it took many months, you eventually discovered its purpose and applied it in action, as evidenced by your most recent post. See? Talk translated into action!

Is it ironic that it took a guy 9 months to learn a grammar lesson taught to him by a forum full of hicks?

Anyhoozle, I live in NYC too, and I always marvel at all the hicks on these forums, because lord knows nothing wise could ever come from somewhere not surrounded by buildings, concrete and bravado. Just think about how much better Suisse La Bleue would have been if it had been birthed in a Zurich steel-and-glass tower rather than by the toothless hicks in the Val de Travers. Up here in the land of track-suit wearing Guidos and bitchy botoxed ladies who scream at the immigrant behind the counter who didn't toast their bagel properly, we obviously know better about Absinthe. We don't listen, we act, motherfuckers, so take that you fucking fucks, wham bam pow.

I can't wait to see the lesson your absinthe teaches all of us. We're gonna be SO put in our place.
Artemis
It occurs to me that someone who sees worth in the phrase "never give away anything for nothing" should have been the last person to be offended that "There is no useful knowledge about the absinthe making process readily offered" (on Fee Verte).

As to "Fee Verte - A bunch of talk and Edward III - Action" - if one and two are true, then what would you call coming to Fee Verte to brag about Edward III?
Donnie Darko
I would call it "par for the course".
OCvertDe
I'm pretty sure this topic would be equally hilarious if I wasn't a plastered hick this afternoon, but I'll take it either way.
kaseijin
OK…so much for biting my tongue.

Yes, trust fund.

And maybe this isn't a venture by trust fund kiddies, but it still smacks of it - and you know why? Entitlement. Every single thing I have seen posted from you two has "ENTITLEMENT" written across it in 72pt block letters.

And not just here, either. What with how deeply in love with your own name and image you are, you are incredibly easy to Google.

Websites to track your own 'fame' and party society footprint?
$6000 hypo-allergenic cats?
Self-aggrandizing, out of the box, Flash animations of your own name?
A product named after yourself?
Quick jaunts to Rio?
Fashion models and cocaine?
A rented distillery to handle the actual art, while you two want to be 'reveared' as 'artisons'[sic]?
A claim of a $250k/yr income as an 'art school dropout'?
….while simultaneously claiming to be 'far from rich' and a humble small business owner?

All of this is not to mention the gross displays of entitlement, elitism, and defensiveness you and your partner have displayed both here and at WS. The whole "FeeVerte = talk" bit is especially amusing, given that I need both hands to count the number of individuals still *regularly* active here who paved the way for you and continue to contribute on both the national and international levels.

"ED HARDY New York Absinthe" is more like it, imo.

Which is a shame. It might actually be a drinkable product. Pity that I'll never know. Shallow profiteering by people who consider themselves your social betters tends to rankle.

And the sad thing is, your product will probably be a smashing success. Daddy's money will see to that.
Artemis
I see the parting shot has been altered, final salvo Rev. 1, as it were:

"p.s. - to all naysayers, this special message still lives forever on the internets and in the words of Frank Zappa, "it's winking at you""

Never send a boy to do man's work. A picture is worth a thousand words:

Donnie Darko
Oh-no-he-didn't! The Stink-eye is reserved for special occasions. What's next, a Winston?
Artemis
Had to drag the dusty portable hard drive out of the closet for that one. Next is hard dick and doughnuts.
Absomphe
"Websites to track your own 'fame' and party society footprint?
$6000 hypo-allergenic cats?
Self-aggrandizing, out of the box, Flash animations of your own name?
A product named after yourself?
Quick jaunts to Rio?
Fashion models and cocaine?
A rented distillery to handle the actual art, while you two want to be 'reveared' as 'artisons'[sic]?
A claim of a $250k/yr income as an 'art school dropout'?
….while simultaneously claiming to be 'far from rich' and a humble small business owner?"

QUOTE(Artemis @ Jan 6 2010, 02:02 PM) *

Next is hard dick

After reading the aforementioned list, somehow, I seriously doubt that.
Artemis
Thus the doughnut.
Absomphe
Indeed.
kaseijin
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Jan 6 2010, 02:20 PM) *

Indeed.™

Fixed that for you.
Marc
QUOTE(brasil @ Jan 6 2010, 09:08 PM) *

The project started research and development 2 YEARS ago.

Wow, impressive. 2 years, that's a lot.
Oxygenee
Great thread, my congratulations.
Head_prosthesis
Agreed. Couldn't be any better.
Donnie Darko
Really? Even if Don Walsh and Marc Campbell weighed in?
Head_prosthesis
I was just thinking that. Came back to see if they had.
Nephrite
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Jan 6 2010, 03:00 PM) *

Great thread, my congratulations.

QUOTE(Head_prosthesis @ Jan 6 2010, 05:22 PM) *

Agreed. Couldn't be any better.

And bitterer…
dakini_painter
You are our inspiration and guidance great leader.

Click to view attachment
Absomphe
QUOTE(Nephrite @ Jan 6 2010, 10:03 PM) *

And bitterer…

Shhh.

Or he might come back, instead.
Screwtape
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jan 6 2010, 04:11 PM) *

Up here in the land of track-suit wearing Guidos and bitchy botoxed ladies who scream at the immigrant behind the counter who didn't toast their bagel properly, we obviously know better about Absinthe. We don't listen, we act, motherfuckers, so take that you fucking fucks, wham bam pow.

ey. BaDa Bing!

(I'm from Nutley, by the way)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.