Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: France Wins
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Corn Hole
Provenance
Britain has dropped to 25th place on a list of the best places in the world to live – behind countries like the Czech Republic, Andorra and Lithuania.

While France tops the poll for the fifth year in row, the UK is associated with a dismal climate, soaring crime rate and cost of living, congested roads and equally overcrowded cities.

Even former Communist countries where unemployment is still rife are considered better places to live.
The Czech Republic and Lithuania were not even accepted into the European Union until 2004.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/…l#ixzz0brPdQyXI
Donnie Darko
Interesting. My friend moved to England last year as that's where his wife is from. They were thinking of moving back to the US next year because the cost of living is cheaper. But then they added up what it would cost to educate the child they plan on having, and decided the UK was actually cheaper. Plus with global warming prospects, the UK is set to have a lovely climate in the future.
Provenance
Tell them that here public schools are (mostly) free.
Absomphe
Indeed.

But at what cost?
pierreverte
Ah, France…just be sure to wipe the gueux off your feet when you visit…
The Standard Deviant
I wouldn't completely trust what you read in the Daily Mail. I'm not saying there aren't things wrong with the UK, of course. I don't know where 'soaring crime rate' came from.

Apparently there is a phenomenon where crime has been falling for decades, but it's inversely proportional to people's perception of it!
sixela
QUOTE(The Standard Deviant @ May 19 2010, 04:52 AM) *

I wouldn't completely trust what you read in the Daily Mail.

Oh, really?

No, no, the Daily Mail is perfectly trustworthy. Which means that the UK is no longer good to live in: a hung parliament causes cancer and will result in a plague of locusts o'er the land really soon.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(sixela @ May 19 2010, 03:38 AM) *

QUOTE(The Standard Deviant @ May 19 2010, 04:52 AM) *

I wouldn't completely trust what you read in the Daily Mail.

Oh, really?

No, no, the Daily Mail is perfectly trustworthy. Which means that the UK is no longer good to live in: a hung parliament causes cancer and will result in a plague of locusts o'er the land really soon.

Everybody knows that soaring crime comes from immigrants, because of course it would never come from us. Crime comes from "them", not "us". Speaking of immigrants, how do you feel about Belgium banning Islamic dress? I think Islam is retarded, but I think that law is even worse. A country having a dress-code is absurd, and just as lame as the Islamic nations that impose their own dress-code, which means the Muslims should then be OK with it, right?
sixela
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ May 21 2010, 03:57 AM) *

Speaking of immigrants, how do you feel about Belgium banning Islamic dress?

It bans the kind of islamic dress that is so severe that it allows you to hide your identity, not just any islamic dress. And the law isn't written specifically to islamic dress, but to any headdress that covers up enough of the face to make identification hard (even though the rationale for adopting the law was certainly partly inspired by the islamic bhurka).

Technically, by the way, that kind of dress was already forbidden by many municipal police codes (technically even carnivale masks and Sint-Niklaas customes need an order by the mayor to be exempt).

Goes with the culture, I guess. We all have to carry an ID card, while in other countries the mere suggestion of something like that makes people foam at the mouth.

I fully expect this to be brought to a European court by some groups, though. We'll see if it survives.

Kirk
It's against the law to wear a mask where live, has been that way for as long as I can remember. It's also against the law in Virginia to drink at a bar wearing sunglasses. The sunglass law is actively enforced, not sure about the mask law. I never considered that a prejudicial law.
Wild Bill Turkey
It's also mandatory to carry state-issued identification in the US.
In Arizona, the stormtroopers can now stop you and demand to see your papers without cause. Also in Arizona, it's perfectly legal (if not mandatory) to wear a visible gun, or a mask, just not both at the same time in a bank.
mgs
no drinking with sunglasses in Virginia ? Good to know…. I like to be in a bar, during the summer, on the outside, looking at people passing by, and using sunglasses, because I can look to women without showing too much of attention.

Ah…. sunglasses in beaches are VERY important……… very……

- Marcelo
G&C
One must also uncover their concealed weapon when entering a bar in VA.
Jaded Prole
Exposed weapons are OK in Virginia bars.
Exposed boobs are forbidden where liquor is sold.
Boobs with guns are OK however.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ May 26 2010, 12:37 PM) *

Exposed weapons are OK in Virginia bars.
Exposed boobs are forbidden where liquor is sold.

Newsflash.

Typically American bass ackward priorities.
Tibro
Ah, you just give the booze away and charge exorbitant amounts for the peanuts. If you need exposed boobs, I mean. And, yes, yes there definitely are times when I need exposed boobs with my booze.

Kirk
Boobs should be exposed whenever possible.
G&C
INDEED!
Head_prosthesis
I like where this is thread is going.
When boobs can't be exposed, we all lose.
Provenance
Say that three times and CG will show up.
mgs
and France won yesterday from Costa Rica, 2 x 1….. very bad game…………….

TWO WEEKS TO START WORLD CUP ------ and what pairs with football (soccer is only in USA anyway) is beer !!!

cheers,

- Marcelo
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Kirk @ May 26 2010, 08:37 PM) *

Boobs should be exposed whenever possible.

They are a far more powerful weapon than any firearm.
mgs
boobs and nice female ass ! (male ass are not for me)
sixela
Meet jenny¹ and offspring.

IPB Image

Yes, I'm partial to Somali wild asses.

And no (for some cross-thread pollination), this is a not a picture of Duvallon. He's a jack (no, not that Jack), not a jenny.

--
¹No, the lack of upper-case letter is not an error.
Tibro
QUOTE(sixela @ May 31 2010, 11:55 AM) *

Meet jenny¹ and child.

Can't foal me. That kind of personifying hints that maybe you're the jack.
sixela
That's what you get when you think too much about #28 (what do you get when you cross an elephant and a rhino?) in another tab.

Thanks for the not so subtle hint.
Donnie Darko
France ties!!! Woo hoo?
Poe
[IPB Image
Poe
bloody photo bucket
absinthist
use tinypic

shall work.
Poe
Thanks absinthist, I'll try linking from a private album first and see if the moral police from facebook edit it again.

IPB Image
absinthist
Oh Snap™
Marc
Now I like burkas.
sixela
Not to mention the underwear.
Head_prosthesis
Thank you for taking this World Cup thread out of the "Farmville/Pet Society/Mafia Wars" direction it was headed.
thegreenimp
Doesn't Luca Brasi sleep in Fish World?

IPB Image
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Poe @ Jun 12 2010, 01:18 PM) *

Thanks absinthist, I'll try linking from a private album first and see if the moral police from facebook edit it again.

IPB Image

Allahu Akbar!
Provenance
France's glamorous former justice minister Rachida Dati has made an embarrassing Freudian slip during a television interview in which she confused financial inflation for oral sex.

Dati, now a member of the European parliament in 2009 and mayor of Paris's 7th arrondissement, appeared yesterday on Dimanche + on the TV channel Canal Plus to attack foreign investment funds, which, she said, "have only one objective: excessive levels of financial returns".

"When I see some of these funds asking for returns of 20 or 25 per cent, at a time when oral sex is close to zero…"

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/69190,people…-oral-sex-on-tv
sixela
Unlike the Butterfly, Rachida Dati…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.