Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nutley
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Screwtape
So really there's not that much interesting about me… where to start….

hello people. nice to be here.
seems to be a nice little corner of wit and frivolity you have here which is just right by me. I'll try not to transgress any traditions or tax your patience. i do not spell well, so there's that too.

Other than having a new and most likely unhealthy fascination with absinthe, I like to carry my little rangefinder around and take photos with it. When you think about it, there's the same strange magic and chemical precision style appeal to darkroom work too, only absinthe is much much tastier… no matter how swell that stop smells.

hmm… well I also like Rapier fencing, but I'm not much on the dress up thing you find at renn fairs. not that I have anything against renn fairs. My friend Billy always say that we plan on going to one… him dressed as a spaceman with a big bowl and antennae on his head, and I'd go as a cowboy, with a little plastic vest and cap guns. I have the Def Leppard t-shirt, him in the Led Zepplin. both of us with broadswords on our back.

This is kinda making me sound like a douchbag. Look I'm not judging people at renn fairs. Truth told i did actually go to one wearing tights. Not many people know that so I hope there's some appreciation of how open I'm being here.

umm… Just got married in October. my wife is Awesome. she's all into Batman. our guest room is all decked out with her collection, including original art and statues and toys and stuff. She's a peach, she is. Lots of fun.

Right. Absinthe. Don't know much from labels. had a few tastes of various mouthwashes that don't bear mention, and if that makes me sound unduly judgmental, well I'm just as God made me. I like Lucid (is it fair to call it a bit masculine?), but having a bottle of Walton Waters downstairs, I realize that it's a much bigger world. My newest curiosity is L'Italienne (sp?), but not sure i'm ready to pull the trigger what with shipping costs and the weak usd. good to have something to look forward to.

At the risk of sounding redundant, I'm really glad that Cheryl is so close and making such magic in her still. Now that I'm trowing accolades out there I'd also like to give a kind word to the fine folks at Partition Street Wine Shop in Saugerties, ny. I have a buddy (bill) who lives in Rhinebeck and when I went up there I stopped over to pick up their last bottle of WW. Turns out I missed a tasting by a week or two, but Suzanne and Jordan were so cool they brought out what they had left to give me a tasting for one. In a way I think I got the better deal, because i figger the bottles had more time to open and evolve for me. point is, Super people and a warm place. so much so that, though it'd be easier for me to grab bottles in NYC, I'll make a point to save my purchasing for them when I travel the 2 hours north.

is anyone still reading?

Hi folks. Glad to be here.

Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Screwtape @ Jan 7 2010, 11:50 AM) *

Led Zepplin.

This is kinda making me sound like a douchbag.

Welcome. For future reference, both Led Zeppelin and Douchebag are missing an "e". You sound like a nice guy though, so I'll be nice too.
Alan
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jan 7 2010, 09:41 AM) *

For future reference, both Led Zeppelin and Douchebag are missing an "e".

If E had been widely available while Led Zeppelin were touring, I doubt if they would ever have missed it.
Tibro
But why does Nutly want to have that pesky "e"?
Oxygenee
Welcome. After a little initial awkwardness, I think you'll fit right in.

Screwtape
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Jan 7 2010, 01:34 PM) *

Welcome. After a little initial awkwardness, I think you'll fit right in.

oh no… I like awkwardness.
Can't wait to flame out.

QUOTE(Alan @ Jan 7 2010, 12:54 PM) *

If E had been widely available while Led Zeppelin were touring, I doubt if they would ever have missed it.

Ahh… I've found home.

ps: i won't be blamed with the above gay pun. 'twas the attached photo that called it.
Screwtape
QUOTE(Tibro @ Jan 7 2010, 01:32 PM) *

Ms Crabapple, you are one saucy bitch!

Click to view attachment
Marc
Welcome Screwtape.
absinthist
Hello Screwtape!
Artemis
The luster is gone. I had assumed Nutley was in the U.K. Thatched roofs, crumpets, old churchyard with barn owls and all those trappings.

Estelle Costanza: She's not Chinese; I was duped!!

George Costanza: So what?! She gave you advice; what's the difference if she's not Chinese?!?!

Estelle Costanza: I'm not taking advice from some girl from Long Island!!
Absomphe
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jan 7 2010, 09:41 AM) *

For future reference, both Led Zeppelin and Douchebag are missing an "e".

At least he spelled "Absinthe" correctly, so there's hope.

Welcome, Screwtape!
OCvertDe
Indeed. Welcome!
Screwtape
Thanks for the welcome, gents.

QUOTE(Artemis @ Jan 7 2010, 03:20 PM) *

I had assumed Nutley was in the U.K. Thatched roofs, crumpets, old churchyard with barn owls…

They used to film The Sopranos out here, if that paints a more grievous, albeit accurate picture.

… I know.
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Screwtape @ Jan 7 2010, 12:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Tibro @ Jan 7 2010, 01:32 PM) *

Ms Crabapple, you are one saucy bitch!

Click to view attachment

That's Miss Crabtree, to you Spanky!
Screwtape
I'm not sure if I should be forgiven for that one. Damn you, Simpsons.
Tibro
Who's forgiving?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.