Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm sorry I lied….. Absithe is amazing
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
eam5171
Hey everyone, I'm really sorry I played a mis-deceiving role… I just loved these forums so passionately. I just wanted to learn everything about absinthe that I could. Tonight was my first tasting. I tasted vieux carre. It was a good absinthe, but I was not amazed by the louche. It smellled very good and had very good flavors but I think I have better products coming in…. I ordered Doubs Mystique, Duplais Verte, and Vieux Pontarlier from LTD. What's better LTD or DRUPNY? Did I have a good first batch?
eam5171
I found my avatar pic. I just want people to understand…. lol this is the true secret to Absinthe
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AhMo9-A4yRU/Seiy…inthe_fairy.jpg
eam5171
haha I was wasted last night….
eam5171
fuck someone… reply? You like my first choices or what? You like LDF or drinkupNY? Cowboys are the fucking shit. Let's go big D. Sorry philly fans, but fuck the eagles. Anyone else get wet for Romo?
Shabba53
Yeah, this forum isn't very active anymore. It's a shame.
eam5171
Well are you into football at all? I could definately sip on an absinthe drink while watching some football. My post was kind of retarded, but I just want some conversation at this point…
Green Baron
For what it's worth, welcome to forums. But maybe you're not getting responses because you posted your intro thread in the General Absinthe Discussion area and people are confused or bothered by this.

Or maybe no one understands what the fuck you're talking about when you say "I'm really sorry I played a mis-deceiving role..". Uh, so how is it that you played this roll? Are you now, or have you ever been a troll? A crapsinthe marketer? A clueless journalist? And what does "mis-deceiving" mean anyway (as opposed to just plain old deceiving)? Does it mean you attempted some form of deception and mis-managed or bungled this attempt?

And yeah, those are some pretty good absinthes to get, I think you'll enjoy them. But if you didn't already know this when you spent over a hundred bucks ordering them, I guess you lucked out. There's a Buyer's Guide to help you out with that. Not always the most current, but it's pretty extensive. And a little more research on your own might help you figure out which situations LDF, DrinkUPNY, or another vendor is best to go through.

I think I used up both my wookie and my dildo quota for the month when I welcomed another newcomer, but there's plenty of eel and wieners left so help yourself. Wiener.gif SeaEel.gif Wiener.gif SeaEel.gif Wiener.gif SeaEel.gif Wiener.gif
Kirk
I would not use duny , I don't like those guys.
How about that Tiger Woods?
kaseijin
Welcome to the forums!

I would agree with you about VC's thin louche. It'll louche alright if you work at it and coax it out, though.

I'd check out Astor for some domestic products.

(oh, and Romo can suck it!)
G&C
Drink Up NY also has great products at good prices and free shipping on orders over $100.00
speedle
Cautiously pessimistic….

But welcome anyway.
eam5171
Yea, I'm really sorry about the loopiness of the first post. I had already had a couple glasses. I guess I kind of wanted to pretend like I knew more about absinthe and everything that goes with it. I thought I was in the right spot to post as I was talking in general about what I ordered and where from. I actually did use the buyer's guide to pick my first lot of bottles to buy. It was helpful, but I did notice most of the reviews were older and from what I think I have picked up is that the taste can change a bit in different batches that are produced. Anyway, I think we'll have a better experience from here on out.

p.s. I got my order in and I'm very excited to give them a try
speedle
Yea, like, um, pretending is overrated.
Green Baron
Good deal eam5171, you couldda just said so wink.gif . Don't hit those absinthes too hard right off the bat, as tempting as it may be. Have a few glasses here and there while they breathe for a week or two. Enjoy! abs-cheers.gif
eam5171
Should I open the ones that I don't plan on drinking right away to let them "breathe" as you say?
Green Baron
Yep. If it was me, I'd open them up, have a glass of each and recork, storing upright in a dark space like a cabinet.
Absomphe
That's what I've always done.
G&C
Right.
Until it's time to make another drink.

No matter how little time that may be.
Absomphe
Indeed!
BrSpiritus
QUOTE(eam5171 @ Jan 10 2010, 02:44 AM) *

Well are you into football at all? I could definately sip on an absinthe drink while watching some football. My post was kind of retarded, but I just want some conversation at this point…

OK, first off the avatar, just ewww! blink.gif Second, IMHO, absinthe does not go with football. Good converstation, yes… quiet moments writing in my journal, yes… rah rah rah biss boom bah… no. I'll take a beer please as I watch the Ravens.

BR
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.