Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tastes like candy!
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Grünlust
Hello,

I'm a "newbie" to absinthe, and I'm glad that I found this community. Everyone seems nice and knowledgable on the subject (or at least loves their absinthe!).

Being 21, I recently purchased a bottle of Lucid after browsing the absinthes at my nearest BevMo. It may not have been the best absinthe to buy, but a score in the 70s means it's at least decent, especially if I was still in the process of discovering whether or not I would enjoy the absinthe..

Long story short, I loved the stuff. I hate the taste of alcohol in general, but the undertone is so faint that I couldn't help but pour another glass. And another.

Anywho.. I look forward to posting more! (You'll have to excuse the borderline poseur, cliché name. I figured it would sound cool after I started learning more about absinthe. cdog-plain.gif )
Marc
Welcome!

"Everyone seems nice and knowledgeable"
True, loads of them here.
Beware of the uglies though.
OCvertDe
Welcome! If you like Lucid, you're in for a world of wonders. Wait until you try some Pacifique or Vieux Pontarlier! Or, if Bevmo is your only stop, they may have a bottle of Mansinthe or Obsello on the shelf.
Tibro
QUOTE(Marc @ Jan 26 2010, 11:12 AM) *

Beware of the uglies though.

I assume not naming them by name is an act of gentlemanly oversight. Just guessing, I wouldn't know.

And, hey there.
Aggelos
Welcome aboard. The waters are green and bitter, but well, hey, the star has fallen
Grünlust
QUOTE(Aggelos @ Jan 26 2010, 08:18 AM) *

Welcome aboard. The waters are green and bitter, but well, hey, the star has fallen

Having grown up in Germany, the Lakritz taste is simply wonderful.

Mansinthe was my first choice, but they didn't have any on the shelves.
kaseijin
Welcome aboard!
Screwtape
Hello there.

…And might I say: your avatar… awesome…
Grünlust
QUOTE(Screwtape @ Jan 26 2010, 05:34 PM) *

Hello there.

…And might I say: your avatar… awesome…

There's nothing wrong with stock avatars. :)
Grünlust
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Jan 26 2010, 04:10 AM) *

Welcome! If you like Lucid, you're in for a world of wonders. Wait until you try some Pacifique or Vieux Pontarlier! Or, if Bevmo is your only stop, they may have a bottle of Mansinthe or Obsello on the shelf.

I just bought a bottle of Obsello -- I like it.

I do like the Lucid a bit better, but I couldn't specify the reasons why.
Patlow

Why? Why? Why?

(Indeed.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvMhQmSZIU8
Grünlust
I do not have an absinth connoiseur's vocabulary.
absinthist
Ten film wideo zawiera treść od partnera Sony Music Entertainment. Obecnie nie jest on już dostępny w Twoim kraju.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Grünlust @ Feb 6 2010, 10:06 AM) *

Or palate, apparently. wink.gif

Grünlust
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Feb 6 2010, 01:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Grünlust @ Feb 6 2010, 10:06 AM) *

Or palate, apparently. wink.gif

I was recommended the Obsello and tried it. pirate2.gif
speedle
I think they are maybe more referring to your comparison with Lucid. Just a guess here.
Marc
I'd rather drink Lucid over Obsello.
Steve
Marc: yes, absolutely!
Tibro
I'd rather not have to face that choice. There are always other options.
absinthist
I would rather drink absinthe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.