Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edward III New York Absinthe now available duny and astor!
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
Pages: 1, 2
EdwardIIINYAbsinthe
March 6th We will have our first astor tasting party with clowns, and magicians and a large dunk tank to splash Edward if you buy 3 bottles. 6-8pm

Music by Eva … het.gif abs-cheers.gif

Lets get happy in the greatest city in the world…
EdwardIIINYAbsinthe
QUOTE(EdwardIIINYAbsinthe @ Feb 10 2010, 08:47 PM) *

March 6th We will have our first astor tasting party with clowns, and magicians and a large dunk tank to splash Edward if you buy 3 bottles. 6-8pm

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroa…ard_iii_new.php

Press…

http://www.edwardthethird.com click on drink up link…kamal is 6 bottles from being sold out…sold multiple cases …
EdwardIIINYAbsinthe
QUOTE(EdwardIIINYAbsinthe @ Feb 10 2010, 08:50 PM) *

QUOTE(EdwardIIINYAbsinthe @ Feb 10 2010, 08:47 PM) *

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroa…ard_iii_new.php

Press…

http://www.edwardthethird.com click on drink up link…kamal is 6 bottles from being sold out…sold multiple cases …

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNM-t5N0Ins…feature=related
Tibro
When shilling less is more. And best is none.
Absomphe
Shilling and totem posting.

Two grate tastes that taste grate together.
Kirk
Does he lie about everything or just when comparing his product to others and giving distillation advice?
Provenance
To paraphrase a great guitarist, DickWadIIIAbsinth goes great with donkeyburgers cause it tastes like ass.
EdwardIIINYAbsinthe
QUOTE(Provenance @ Feb 11 2010, 09:49 AM) *

To paraphrase a great guitarist, DickWadIIIAbsinth goes great with donkeyburgers cause it tastes like ass.

Funny wait until you see us win awards at San Fran, get off your ass on the computer and do something.
Provenance
huh?
Jaded Prole
Funny man . . .
Absomphe
Beavis's alter ego, Bungholio, best described the most apt use for the vast majority of absinthe awards. Plain2.gif poop.gif
eric
Some rather crappy products have been known to win awards at these type of events. No surprise there. It means next to nothing.
Tibro
It's not whether the award actually signifies anything about quality, dontcha know. It's all about how you use it for marketing.

Let the sails billow. This fucker blows.
brasil
The user "EDWARDIIINYABSINTHE" does NOT represent the views of the company that makes Edward III New York Absinthe, and I as 50% owner of the company hereby disavow all comments made by that user as not my own thoughts, opinions, or statements of the company as a whole.

I apologize if any comments have been construed as "spam," "shilling," or incorrect information about our product, someone else's product, or absinthe in general.
Provenance
This xit gets weirder all the time.
Tibro
Looks like those sails are actually barn doors being blown open. Good luck gettin' 'em closed again.
Green Baron
QUOTE(Provenance @ Feb 11 2010, 11:40 AM) *

This xit gets weirder all the time.

Definitely.

IPB Image
Patlow
I think they're one person. Blow will do that kind of shit to a man.
Kirk
Maybe the awards are purchased ahead.
Shabba53
Mark was the guy labelled as EdwardIII. Brazil is Edward.

In either case, they need to get their house in order. Mark's out of control on all of the forums.
Green Baron
Wait, so brasil is supposedly the "good cop" out of the two? Oh brother.
brasil
QUOTE(Green Baron @ Feb 11 2010, 11:14 PM) *

Mark does not speak for the company, and I probably wouldn't be visiting the FV forums were it not for the required "damage control." It is also not a "good cop/bad cop" situation as that would require that the two partners actually agreed on a strategy. It is more a case of "completely clueless 'tard about the internet" vs. "guy who would rather not be here but has to play fireman."

…and yes, I am Edward.

…. and yes, our absinthe actually exists in reality now, all nice and scaled up!
OCvertDe
This is an… unfortunate situation.
eric
Probably the strangest product launch that I can recall.
grUEneFEE
eric, you did it all wrong.
Steve
QUOTE(Green Baron @ Feb 11 2010, 07:14 PM) *

I was confused too so I went back and read some of brasil's old posts. He's the guy that posted the pic of the dirty glass o' cum on the coke-encrusted table and then told us to go back to our homo circle jerk. They are both arrogant dumbasses.
brasil
QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 13 2010, 04:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Green Baron @ Feb 11 2010, 07:14 PM) *

I was confused too so I went back and read some of brasil's old posts. He's the guy that posted the pic of the dirty glass o' cum on the coke-encrusted table and then told us to go back to our homo circle jerk. They are both arrogant dumbasses.

No, the reception I received here when I was just being extremely humble and polite, albeit "lowercase", was extraordinarily cuntlike. My mistake for not being arrogant and sarcastic ENOUGH with you people. Being "humble" and asking questions only reveals weakness and demonstrates lack of credibility to this crowd, coming from someone who is claiming to launch a new absinthe. I only support the Wormwood Society and Absinthe Review Network now, where civility is encouraged and enforced. I was drinking my absinthe last night at Shoolbred's on 2nd ave and 12th st NYC, and sharing it with patrons, and you know what? I realized that what we've made is a fine and very drinkable absinthe, and the initial reviews are great. Maybe we bet everything on one number and won this time. It happens. No, we are not 20 year veteran distillers or absinthe historians, but we did our research, studied the same recipes you all have access to, and found great distillers to work with. The difference between us and anyone here who wishes they had a TTB approved absinthe on shelves and shipping is that we made immense sacrifices for the last two years and dedicated our lives to this. I have great respect for the knowledge and years of experience I know many of you have, but that is not what gets a product on the shelf. Dedication, purpose and struggle is what makes it happen. Our absinthe is available and the reviews will be coming in any day now. If it's crap we'll know soon enough (many have said it's not and some have said it's great), but let's judge it on its own merits and not be swayed by some internet posts. I know it's fun to make fun of a photo of what could be anything in a glass, but it's available for anyone to try now, so let's hear the feedback and stop just talking about it. Our art project is before the class and we have learned how to take the critique, so bring it on.
Donnie Darko
Send a letter to the editor.

We could give a fuck.

Notice how we reacted to Leopold, Zman, DP, Peter, Oxy and many other people who have posted here who sell absinthe? Was the reason you were treated differently from them because we're all cunts and you're really just a respectful friendly cool dude? Go back and read the thread some more and reiterate for us what assholes we are.

That will help.
OCvertDe
There is another option as well.

IPB Image
Jaded Prole
Wow, you found a good recipe and hired someone to make it. It sounds like "what gets a product on the shelf" is having the money to invest. On the other hand, what it takes to create a product really worth buying is the time, effort and talent to actually create a work of art that does more than get the approval of know-nothings.

Sounds like you found your place at the Wormwood Society where you probably fit right in.
Kirk
. . .
Nephrite
What he said…
Green Baron
QUOTE(brasil @ Feb 11 2010, 07:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Green Baron) *

Mark does not speak for the company, and I probably wouldn't be visiting the FV forums were it not for the required "damage control." It is also not a "good cop/bad cop" situation as that would require that the two partners actually agreed on a strategy.

My bad for using the "good cop" analogy. I didn't mean to imply you two were capable of that sort of cooperation and forethought. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb are probably more apt in this situation.

It is more a case of "completely clueless 'tard about the internet" vs. "guy who would rather not be here but has to play fireman."

Right. Since you are obviously the ninja master sensei of the internet and have read How to Make Friends and Influence People from cover to cover. One look at your sig lines make this readily apparent without even considering your posts in the not-so-distant past.
Green Baron
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Feb 14 2010, 04:02 AM) *

Sounds like you found your place at the Wormwood Society where you probably fit right in.

Hmm. Nope, when the dynamic duo brought their antics over there, they were soundly called on their shite. Despite their comical praise of how much better they were received, it just means they weren’t thoroughly roasted alive, cut up, set on fire, and fed to the hounds LFV style (just thoroughly roasted).

Since the WS forum is also frequented by those that not only meet your own justifiably high standards of genuine absinthe knowledge and passion, but also many of whom you count as personal friends- it wouldn’t seem that they exactly “fit in” there either.

Team EdNard³ present broad enough targets that the sawn off shotgun aint necessary. A simple .45 could be drunkenly wielded and still hit the bullshit.
brasil
Here's the deal: Since there seems to be no way to achieve mutual respect between myself and this forum due to missteps and assumptions by all involved (and let's not forget how much pleasure is had by the crowd here, taunting and mocking and having laughs at the expense of others not initiated into their "clan," whom they have never even met in person, and know virtually nothing about in real life….), I can honestly say that I don't care what anyone here thinks, and no one here cares or respects what I have to say…. which means we have achieved parity, have we not?

I have little energy left for defending my worth as a human being or brand owner of an absinthe to people who find it so easy to shoot insults over the internet. I think we're at the "why don't you come say that to my face" stage of the game now, so why don't you? When we meet in person will it be gloves on or gloves off, across the bar, or at high noon on Lafayette St.? We'll be pouring our stuff at Astor Wines on March 5th, I believe from 6pm-8pm, check their tasting schedule online.

http://www.astorwines.com/TastingEvents.aspx (not on the schedule yet)

FYI: Daniel Boulud's DBGB restaurant in NYC now carries us and is apparently charging $35 a glass, his reaction and that of other respected tasters has been highly encouraging. There sure would be a lot of egg splatter making contact with a lot of faces if our swill turns out to be a top blanche, but since I'm a club burnout possessing a below average intelligence, don't know anything about the subject and just copied a recipe off the internet the chances of that are pretty slim.

eric
I can honestly say that I don't care what anyone here thinks,

Good!
That means that you can go away now.
brasil
QUOTE(eric @ Feb 15 2010, 03:19 PM) *

I can honestly say that I don't care what anyone here thinks,

Good!
That means that you can go away now.

YES, The desired result! BYE!
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(brasil @ Feb 15 2010, 03:16 PM) *

FYI: Daniel Boulud's DBGB restaurant in NYC now carries us and is apparently charging $35 a glass

That's something to brag about? We already knew there are plenty of people with more money than sense. People paid $200 for a bottle of King Of Spirits Gold, too.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Feb 15 2010, 02:33 PM) *

People paid $200 for a bottle of King Of Spirits Gold, too.

True, but at least Oxy was generous enough to share the spoiled spoils with The Chosen™, so I try not to hold it against him.
Donnie Darko
Ah, but that's part of the research budget, which makes it OK. I sadly was one of several lab rats that didn't have the fortune of receiving the placebo.
Green Baron
At least Oxy didn't make you guys smoke the herbs floating in the bottle.
Absomphe
Ditto, Donnie.

Fortunately, the dose was small enough not to have the dire consequences suffered by our Belle Epoque rodential antecedents, morbidly acquainted with a certain Dr. Magnan.
sixela
QUOTE(brasil @ Feb 15 2010, 09:16 PM) *

whom they have never even met in person, and know virtually nothing about in real life….),

Precisely why you're judged by exactly how you behave here. You didn't exactly wipe your feet at the door, possibly because you thought we weren't worth it or would just put up with the arrogant behaviour.

Which doesn't mean you can't make a decent product, by the way, but you still reaped what you sowed.

By the way, you behave in a much more proper way this time around (although you're still pegging the self-righteousness meter, but hey, so do I). Too bad it's more than a little late and that your evil twin has since appeared.
sixela
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Feb 16 2010, 03:30 AM) *

Ah, but that's part of the research budget, which makes it OK. I sadly was one of several lab rats that didn't have the fortune of receiving the placebo.

You got lucky. It could have been King of Spirits sans Gold, which I had already sampled in its native environment.

Green Baron
QUOTE(sixela @ Feb 16 2010, 04:30 AM) *

QUOTE(brasil @ Feb 15 2010, 09:16 PM) *

whom they have never even met in person, and know virtually nothing about in real life….),

Precisely why you're judged by exactly how you behave here. You didn't exactly wipe your feet at the door, possibly because you thought we weren't worth it or would just put up with the arrogant behaviour.

Yes indeedy. That’s all we have to go on. You might be a beautiful butterfly of a human being just waiting to hatch from your chrysalis or egg sac or whatever, but if you act like an insufferable prick here, then you’ll be perceived as such.

QUOTE(sixela @ Feb 16 2010, 04:30 AM) *

By the way, you behave in a much more proper way this time around…

Not so much. The issues with brasil (Edward) this time around are not just backlash from EdwardIIINYAbsinthe (Mark. Well, most of the time it was Mark).

So folks don’t have to go digging around in other EdNard threads, let’s put brasil’s second time around in perspective:

QUOTE(eric @ Jan 6 2010, 06:58 AM) *

[Eric saved this before the post was edited]
Retrieved for for your enjoyment…

Hi this is the real Edward, developer of the formula and label design for Edward III New York Absinthe, guessing my business partner's password after being informed that he had ventured here by a little birdie.

My business partner is on the Advertising, Marketing, and Legal side of the business, however he has a loose trigger finger when it comes to expressing himself on the internet, which is why months ago we engaged a PR company that was started by some good friends of ours. Mark has gone astray and already forgotten our reasons for doing that.

From past experience, I PERSONALLY (that means me, Edward) learned that there is nothing to be gained from posting here. There is no useful knowledge about the absinthe making process readily offered, there is no polite discourse when a question is asked, and there is no end to the baiting and ganging up from liquored up people behind a keyboard.

First and foremost, our Absinthe project is a BUSINESS, and we are not doing this solely for the enjoyment of some… god, the words are just welling up inside of me….. "people" on a forum, but it is also a labor of love, and we have made efforts to ensure that we release the best possible product, not some crap shaken up in a carboy just to make a buck.

It was nice dipping my foot in the Fee Verte cesspool for a minute, but now I have to get back to more important things, like making sure our first production batch is as good as it can possibly be.

QUOTE(brasil @ Jan 6 2010, 12:08 PM) *

I thoroughly enjoyed re-reading that old thread again and still stand by everything I said at the time.

Which of course brings us back to the instant classic-

QUOTE(brasil @ Mar 10 2009, 08:06 PM) *

FUCK YOU FROM NEW YORK FUCKING CITY YOU FUCKING HICK FUCKS

And to think he complained about no one respecting what he had to say. I usually try to be just standard level sarcastic the forums, but when someone's posting that kinda shit and then whining about being mistreated…Well, that it makes me feel like some old fashioned mocking is in order. And yes, it was most entertaining.

I for one actually hope it’s a decent product, since it’s better to have more decent absinthe on the shelves than total shit. Even if I personally avoid having anything to do with the stuff since I’m just a hick fuck with extra hickity.

Or maybe the poor guy was traumatized by Pace Picante Sauce commercials as a youngster and we should have been more sympathetic.
Kirk
I hope he doesn't write a manifesto.
Tibro
QUOTE(Kirk @ Feb 19 2010, 07:08 PM) *

I hope he doesn't write any fuckin' mo'.

Fixed.
eric

Back in 2001 I was playing with Nick Curran. We had to cut the first part of a tour because of 911. A tough break for a struggling band. Our schedule had us at Marc Campbell's Rodeo Bar on the following Thursday the 18th. when we called the club they practically begged us to make the gig because all of the bands had been
cancelling up to that point, so we made the long drive from Austin to Manhattan to play the show and start the tour.

As we approached the Holland tunnel this song came on the radio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLMotU8Tu9E
At the time I was moved because I knew that the song had been written about New York City.

That night the club was packed as we were the first group to perform there since the attack. I spoke to HippieMC on the phone at the bar because he was in Las Vegas at the time. The energy was so thick you could cut it with a knife. The crowd was so amazing, we made a whole bunch of new friends that were intro the music as we played our asses off like never before.

Every time I hear that song it all comes back to me. It really was pure magic and I will never forget that experience.
BrSpiritus
QUOTE(EdwardIIINYAbsinthe @ Feb 11 2010, 11:10 AM) *

QUOTE(Provenance @ Feb 11 2010, 09:49 AM) *

Funny wait until you see us win awards at San Fran, get off your ass on the computer and do something.

It's not hard to win a gold medal when your category has little competition. Also, and I note, most critics don't know what the hell they are talking about. If you don't believe me just watch Avatar.

BR
scuto
QUOTE(Green Baron @ Feb 19 2010, 06:58 AM) *

I for one actually hope it’s a decent product, since it’s better to have more decent absinthe on the shelves than total shit. Even if I personally avoid having anything to do with the stuff since I’m just a hick fuck with extra hickity.

Exactly.

QUOTE(eric @ Feb 19 2010, 10:56 PM) *

Back in 2001 I was playing with Nick Curran. We had to cut the first part of a tour because of 911. A tough break for a struggling band. Our schedule had us at Marc Campbell's Rodeo Bar on the following Thursday the 18th. when we called the club they practically begged us to make the gig because all of the bands had been
cancelling up to that point, so we made the long drive from Austin to Manhattan to play the show and start the tour.

As we approached the Holland tunnel this song came on the radio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLMotU8Tu9E
At the time I was moved because I knew that the song had been written about New York City.

That night the club was packed as we were the first group to perform there since the attack. I spoke to HippieMC on the phone at the bar because he was in Las Vegas at the time. The energy was so thick you could cut it with a knife. The crowd was so amazing, we made a whole bunch of new friends that were intro the music as we played our asses off like never before.

Every time I hear that song it all comes back to me. It really was pure magic and I will never forget that experience.

Eric, that's some beautiful stuff. I wasn't here then, but from what I heard the camaraderie was inspiring.

I love NYC. I don't love people from any part of this country who see people from any other part as inferior.

A ways back I heard an interview with Matthew Shepherd's mother on the Diane Rehm show on NPR. Mrs. Shepherd mentioned how some people across the country called the Wyoming board of tourism and said they'd never visit the state because Wyoming breeds hate-crime murderers. Dipxit regionalist fucks don't see the log on their own eye; they don't acknowledge that such crimes have taken and take place in their own state.

To sum up, fuck people on the coasts pissing on the mid west and south, and fuck people in the "heartland" who see the coasts (where the towers fell?!?!) as "elitist."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.