Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Les troublantes confessions de la Fée Verte
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
Steve
I'm not sure if this is connected with the guy who posted something a few months ago about making a documentary, but this one is actually happening. It is a documentary on the origins of absinthe in the Val de Travers. There is a fan page on facebook. They have posted a bunch of really nice photos including from today, the first day of shooting at Bugnon's distillery.

I don't know how much you can see if you are not logged into facebook. So the next 5 posts will be from people saying "I don't do facebook". Whatev. Just posting this for those who might be interested.
hartsmar
Excellent. Thanks!
Wild Bill Turkey
The only video on that facebook page is four and a half minutes of burning sugar on a spoon placed atop a La Valote glass, while Russian gypsy music plays.

Kind of lowers my expectations for the documentary.
Alan
Good point. I commented to that effect on the Fan page.
Steve
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Mar 17 2010, 03:00 AM) *

The only video on that facebook page is four and a half minutes of burning sugar on a spoon placed atop a La Valote glass, while Russian gypsy music plays.

Yeah, I didn't see that until Alan pointed it out. The filmmakers are college students who like to drink Jager. But they are talking with the right people, and they sure have a lot of pretty pictures on their page.
Alan
And I didn't see it until Bill pointed it out.
Artemis
So the next 5 posts will be from people saying "I don't do facebook".

on that facebook page is four and a half minutes of burning sugar on a spoon placed atop a La Valote glass, while Russian gypsy music plays.

And there you have it.
Tibro
Now that calls for an Amen™.
Steve
Among lots of other interesting photos is a set documenting a visit with Jacques André Steudler, friend of the legendary female clandestine distiller "Mallotte". Pretty interesting stuff. For this, I can overlook the stupid fire video.
Marc
Some pictures are really awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.