Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pleased to meet you
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Amber von Doom
Good morning.

I belong to a few other absinthe boards and I know a few people here but here's a brief introduction. I've been drinking all kinds of absinthe for about 3 years now (Commercial, HG, vintage, etc.). I can't really say that I have a favorite except Pernod Fils 1914 but I can't have that every other day despite me trying to convince by boyfriend to the contrary.

I did like Clandestine La Bleue, Serpis 55 and Blanchette. I generally like absinthe that I don't have to add sugar to which cancels out most of the commercially avilable absinthes in the United States that I've tried so far.

I'm entertained that immediately, during my first post, I can only wonder how often this emoticon is actually used on this board: cdog-plain.gif
Artemis
Take your shoes off. Set a spell.
Chris
Hey Amber! Welcome.
Amber von Doom
I guess it would take me a while to catch up with Artemis' postcount.
Tibro
Mighty White of you to join us now.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(Amber von Doom @ Mar 27 2010, 12:40 PM) *
I'm entertained that immediately, during my first post, I can only wonder how often this emoticon is actually used on this board: cdog-plain.gif

Quite.
Concurrently, with far less frequency on all our other boards.

Welcome.

abs-cheers.gif
Absomphe
Nice to finally see you here at Ur, Amber.
dakini_painter
Hi Amber. Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry I can't think of anything witty or original to say as I have nothing but Mick and pals singing "Sympathy for the Devil" now. So I'm pleased to meet you.

G&C
QUOTE(Amber von Doom @ Mar 27 2010, 10:45 AM) *
I guess it would take me a while to catch up with Artemis' postcount.

Although it, like all of the others over 10K save Absomphe, are padded.
Tibro
Rumor has it that Absomphe is well padded. Not puffy exactly, but upholstered none the less. I'm shocked to hear differently.
G&C
He is much less padded than in the past.
To this, I can attest.
Absomphe
That padding thing has become a constant battle at my advanced age, especially when one is afforded the luxury (and sheer pleasure) of a few of the exquisite absinthes I've been privileged to partake of in recent months.

They don't call 'em aperitifs for nothin'. godzilla.gif
Amber von Doom
Artificial padding is so unfair to those of us with inferior natural padding.

Strictly regarding posts, of course, because I seem to be having an over abundance of padding offline lately.

And YES if the absinthe, wine and beer aren't champions of the bottom line, the cheese and bread surely aren't either.

I can deal with "Sympathy For The Devil" stuck in my head as long as "Bad Romance" by Lady GaGa doesn't come back like last week.
Green Baron
Who the fuck is Amber von Doom?

I was surprised to learn that you weren't a LFV member before, so welcome! Legler-Pernod-mini.gif
sardonix
Amber, nice to see you in this neck of the woods. abs-cheers.gif
Amber von Doom
QUOTE(Green Baron @ Mar 27 2010, 06:50 PM) *

Who the fuck is Amber von Doom?

I ask myself different variations of that question every morning.

OKay, okay I'm really not deep enough to ask myself that every morning. More like every time I've had more than a few drinks and every 28 days.
Patlow
Welcome. I haven't thought of Serpis for a long time (mentioned in your introductory post). Might have to get some of that. Have fun here!
Marc
Welcome Amber!
Provenance
QUOTE(Amber von Doom @ Mar 27 2010, 08:40 AM) *
I…like…Serpis

A blatant attempt to get the Admin to pad your post count.

Welcome.
sixela
QUOTE(G&C @ Mar 27 2010, 11:45 PM) *

Although it, like all of the others over 10K save Absomphe, are padded.

I just had to post this just to check my post count.

And no, that's not padding.

Amber von Doom
I'm padding right now!
scuto
Hiya Amber!

iPad.
sixela
QUOTE(Amber von Doom @ Apr 7 2010, 04:20 AM) *

I'm padding right now!

No argument from me. Do tell, when did that irresisible craving for padding start to emerge?

[And no, this is not padding. I'm number Six, and hardly in need of padding anyway.]
Amber von Doom
The "Itty Bitty Posty Committee" comments were starting to hurt my feelings.
Amber von Doom
Yes, I just now noticed the "iPad" comment and it made me chuckle.
mgs
QUOTE(Amber von Doom @ Mar 27 2010, 10:40 AM) *

Good morning.

I belong to a few other absinthe boards and I know a few people here but here's a brief introduction. I've been drinking all kinds of absinthe for about 3 years now (Commercial, HG, vintage, etc.). I can't really say that I have a favorite except Pernod Fils 1914 but I can't have that every other day despite me trying to convince by boyfriend to the contrary.

I did like Clandestine La Bleue, Serpis 55 and Blanchette. I generally like absinthe that I don't have to add sugar to which cancels out most of the commercially avilable absinthes in the United States that I've tried so far.

Welcome…….. I wonder about the "physics of this emoticon" … it has a period of .7 seconds…. quite slow harmonic motion for what I would imagine it means…… Can we have a complex-variable-acceleration-motion-emoticon that is more realistic ?????
G&C
Slow, so you know.
Don't want it to be over too fast, eh?
Amber von Doom
True story:

While creating a post here earlier this evening, my 11 year old son was sitting next to me while I was entering the text and the first thing he said to me was "Mom? Why is that corn dog going in and out of the donut like that?".

I feigned innocence: "I don't know what you mean."

Son (pointing at the "smilie"): "That one. Why is it doing that?"

Me: "Um… I think in some countries that is a delicacy."

Son: "What's a delicacy?"

Me: "Oh just something that tastes good. I bet a corn dog and donut taste good together. Don't you? HEY do you want some root beer??? Let's go into the kitchen!"
G&C
Did you get your corn dog?
mgs

Me: "Um… I think in some countries that is a delicacy."

maybe in ALL countries that is a delicacy ?

- Marcelo
sixela
QUOTE(Amber von Doom @ Apr 9 2010, 05:17 AM) *

"Mom? Why is that corn dog going in and out of the donut like that?".

Smarter than me.

It took me a decade to realise such a thing as a corn dog existed.

So, no: corn dogs definitely aren't a delicacy in every country.

Now if it'd had looked like a "frite" and a "beignet aux pommes",…

[Posted from the original home of die Einzige Wahre Currywurst, by the way.]
Tibro
And who, dare I ask, introduced you to the existence of corndogs? And did you find it more or less enjoyable than your native currywursts?
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Amber von Doom @ Apr 8 2010, 11:17 PM) *

I bet a corn dog and donut taste good together.

As long as you don't run out of donuts.

I think this should be the official "wheat thins" of TXLF……
G&C
Yum, corndogged donuts!
sixela
QUOTE(Tibro @ Apr 9 2010, 09:43 PM) *

And who, dare I ask, introduced you to the existence of corndogs? And did you find it more or less enjoyable than your native currywursts?

Curywursts are native here (the easiest way to rile up people is to say you've heard they came from Hamburg), not where I live.

Tibro
So where is "here"?

Or is this all just some kind of convoluted euphemism you've invented for cunnywursts™?
mgs
[quote name='sixela' date='Apr 9 2010, 02:17 PM' post='179083']
[quote name='Amber von Doom' post='179073' date='Apr 9 2010, 05:17 AM']
"Mom? Why is that corn dog going in and out of the donut like that?".
[/quote]

Smarter than me.

It took me a decade to realise such a thing as a corn dog existed.

So, no: corn dogs definitely aren't a delicacy in every country.

Now if it'd had looked like a "frite" and a "beignet aux pommes",…

[Posted from the original home of die Einzige Wahre Currywurst, by the way.]

---- are you sure that a beignet pairs with a frite ----?

…….. the diversion started with all the semiotics of the moving corn dog ……..

- Marcelo
sixela
QUOTE(Tibro @ Apr 10 2010, 10:55 PM) *

So where is "here"?

What was here yesterday is now there.
Aggelos
Heya Amber, welcome here :)
Amber von Doom
Why thank you!
synthetic buddhist
Allrighty then. Welkulome! absintheglass-glow2.gif harhar.gif
Amber von Doom
Thank you a little late.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.