Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello from Colorado
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
mgs
Hello Everyone :

Greetings from the Rockies…..

I first tasted absinthe with some friends in Neuchâtel Swtizerland two years ago…Last year I was in France, and also enjoyed again with some friends and even purchased a bottle of a French absinthe

I became curious about absinthe and started reading over the Internet, talking to people, trying to understand "why" in USA is still considered a big deal…. (another day I was in a French restaurante with my boss, and I ordered absinthe, and he looked at me as if I was from another planet….)

I purchased a fountain, spoons, glasses, and one day I decided to make my own party…. It was really fun, and my friends enjoyed the experience.

I am Brazilian and I travel a lot. I heard in Brazil stories of young people getting completely drunk with absinthe… Unfortunately they don't know how to enjoy this fine liquor. The kids there drink it on the "rocks"… straight on ice…. or they make the "Brazilian caipirinha" which is a completely different drink, and instead of the "cachaça" they use absinthe…

I started to tell everyone that was not the right way to enjoy it. You don't fry your sashimi, or microowave your caviar, or dump in beer your cigar…. so you have to know how to appreciate correctly the absinthe.

So… that is the reason "why" I am here… I want to read your experiences, the reviews and everything…

So far I tried some absinthe in Europe with friends and here I already tried :

Kübler (I am not sure if that is the "real one" since I purchased in a local liquor store, is the one in US different from the real Kübler ?)
Lucid (well, everyone knows this, and I eventually tried one)

The following bottles are still closed, I will try then in the near future

Obsello
Lemercier Frères (72%, purple label)
La Clandestine
Leopold's Bros (just found out that they are a local producer in Denver

Cheers…. Saúde ! Legler-Pernod-mini.gif

- Marcelo
absinthist
Hello. Welcome to the fray.

There was a Brazilian distiller some time ago , so watch out since real deal absinthe might appear in Brazil, too.
mgs
I posted my introduction before I posted some of my personal information and pic…… sorry for that….

- Marcelo sleepy.gif
OCvertDe
Welcome!
speedle
Hello!
mgs
thanks for the welcomes !!!!! I am slowly finding out who are around here….

I am curious to know the "titles" that you guys have, the "Absinthe Snob" looks funny…

- Marcelo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.