Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Marlow
Greetings. Regulars here who also post to the Wormwood Society will know me already, as I've been a member there for some time. I thought I would set up here as well: hello everyone.

I've been enjoying absinthe for several years now. I am by no means an expert, but I've at least learned what I like and what I don't. I live on the edge of the greater Washington, DC area, and in addition to absinthe and other fine spirits, I enjoy literature, history, music, hiking, and travel. I also spend a lot of time gardening these days.
Aggelos
Hullo :)

Well, I am quite sure now that there is a diffusion mechanism…
Absomphe
Nice to see you over here, Marlow.

Welcome.
synthetic buddhist
what he said! abs-cheers.gif
Stroller
Ditto!
mgs
Welcome…… Life is funny, now I am "older than you here" !!!!

Saúde !

- Marcelo
kaseijin
I somehow missed this. Welcome!
Kirk
Hello. What are you gardening these days?
Marlow
Thanks to all for the kind welcome.

Kirk, to answer your question, at the moment my gardening includes:

vegetables: several varieties of tomatoes, eggplant, and peppers;

herbs: rosemary, thyme, oregano, spearmint, peppermint, basil, sage, parsley, lavender, and tarragon;

ornamentals: roses, peonies, irises, lilies, coneflower, black-eyed susan, bee balm, magnolia, crape myrtle, etc etc etc.
Kirk
I love growing eggplant. It's a beautiful vegetable and has a nice looking flower to boot.
Stroller
I let some artichokes bloom one year, very beautiful. Never tried growing eggplant.
Marlow
QUOTE(Kirk @ Apr 25 2010, 11:23 AM) *

I love growing eggplant. It's a beautiful vegetable and has a nice looking flower to boot.

Any tips? This is my first go at it.
Kirk
I always put a plastic ring around them about 1" deep to keep the cut worms out, they like it.
It takes a long time to grow them, just when you think it's going to get frosted out, the vegetable starts doubling in size every few days.
Ron
QUOTE(Marlow @ Apr 16 2010, 07:07 AM) *

I live on the edge…I also spend a lot of time gardening.

It's like a Superman/Clark Kent thing. I can dig it.
sardonix
Hello… wormwood.gif fennel.gif anise.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.