Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pernod Fils Anis Surfin
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
Artemis
Bottle contains 4/5 pint.
Artemis
Back label
Artemis
IRS tax stamp. The seal is broken, but the bottle is full.

Bottom
thegreenimp
J, Wile & Sons sold the business in 1972.
Artemis
Yes, I just found that. It was sold to Nabisco. So it's from before 1972.

Does it have any value? I don't own it. A friend's father found it (and opened it, to smell it I think). I smelled it - powerful anise scent. They might be willing to sell it. I told him I would try to find out what it's worth. If it's not worth selling, he proposed that we drink it.
absinthist
Drink it and report back. It will be anise to the fore, maybe in a slight direction towards Tarragona, yet WITHOUT wormwood.
Marc
From the 60's, early 70's.
it's worth the same as an old pastis, not much, it's just a nice bottle to keep or drink (if still drinkable).
Artemis
Thank you, Marc. I will pass the information along.
Artemis
Click to view attachment So, the owner said to drink it.

Artemis
Click to view attachment So ...
Artemis
Scent of good anise, powerful louche, nice flavor if you water it just right, it has a tad of that old lady purse dustiness that's kind of nice. I'm thinking it's about 50 years old.
mgs
I would like some advise from you about a purchase that I made this weekend. I was in an "used's fair" in the city that I am currently living in France. I saw a nice water bottle, to serve water for absinthe, with the brand of Pernod Fils, written "Paris" and the hat of Pontarlier…. I bought it, I am not sure if I was ripped off, I gave the lady 30 Euros for that bottle…. It is at least very nice, it holds enough water to louche one or two absinthes…. I don't have a camera now to post a pic (I broke my camera three weeks ago). I posted here, because I don't want to open a new thread to discuss such simple issue…. but any hints from you I would be really happy to read.

Thanks,

- Marcelo
Kirk
Go to ebay and search for a similar item, click on the left column where it says "completed listings" and it will give you a record of the sale of anything matching that description.
G&C
New threads are for discussing simple issues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.