Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A query about Absinthe Original
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Leareth
While I understand that Absinthe Original has already been lampooned on this forum *bows* , and probably rightly considering my experience with crappy czech stuff, I have stumbled over this page http://www.originalabsinthe.com/absinthe_drinks.php and this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC1PaJ7twj4…player_embedded while looking for Absinthe drinks; I also sadly note that I'm lacking in supplies for any of the drinks mentioned.

Anyway! I was just wondering if anyone had tried the Red Absinthe from Original, or the one with the scarab, 'Beetle' I believe they called it? out of merely morbid curiosity.

Hoping to be amused,

Leareth ne Maleficus-Lupus
Aggelos
IPB Image
Aggelos
That being said… I wonder what surprises me most… That I recognize in your avatar a character for a series I've seen 2 episodes of which 11 years ago, or your question.

I'm gonna sound rude, but red absinthe in general reeks of "goth wannabe" (afaik, parisian goths are the main clients of the Maitresse Rouge and Emile Rouge).

Asking people from this forum if they ever tasted crap just because you'd like to have our support in buying a red absinthe bottle ? Figures with you deathscythe gundam pilot for avatar, love of wicca and such : you're trying to hard.

Want be original and alluring for the educated mind compared to your average goth ? Forget the trash and show you know something well, keep practicing good stuff in stead of showy stuff.

That being said, if you want a red absinthe, go for the real stuff, try for example Maitresse Rouge
which is distilled at Emile Pernot. You'll have to pay the shipping from europe though
absinthist
Get Serpis. At least it won't get bitter.
Tibro
Better yet, get real.

If you're hoping to be amused I would suggest your approach is assbinth backwards. Fuck off. You've been here long enough to know better.
pierreverte
QUOTE(Aggelos @ May 20 2010, 01:26 PM) *

I'm gonna sound rude, but red absinthe in general reeks of "goth wannabe" (afaik, parisian goths are the main clients of the Maitresse Rouge and Emile Rouge).

That being said, if you want a red absinthe, go for the real stuff, try for example Maitresse Rouge
which is distilled at Emile Pernot. You'll have to pay the shipping from europe though

afaik, there was never enough Emile Rouge or Maitress Rouge to ever create a 'goth wanabee' demand…
and Maitress Rouge has not been produced for over two years…
Tibro
…while research continues in its relentless search for a compound which will not only be capable of durably (and with passably good flavor) coloring an absinthe red but will also be able to neutralize any "goth" tendencies in the suckers who drink it.

We eagerly await word of any breakthroughs.
Aggelos
A toast to that, good sir !

QUOTE(pierreverte @ May 20 2010, 07:35 PM) *

afaik, there was never enough Emile Rouge or Maitress Rouge to ever create a 'goth wanabee' demand…

Parisian goth wannabes craving for red absinthe ? True story. Maybe a bit extrapolated to humor the kind population here, but true story anyway.

And mind you, Maitresse is still available at RueVerte tongue.gif

That being said, the closest to red I've ever tested (Neue Liebe) was awful. And it was pink.
dakini_painter
I actually have to admit some fondness for goth and goth wannabees. Twenty plus years ago I knew some punks (they weren't really goth yet) down in Pacific Beach. They were just your regular crystal and coke fueled 20+ years old trying to figure out life, existentialism, get laid, have fun, be creative, eat, maybe work some (to pay for all the other stuff). They were for the most part good kids.

I have a friend in New Mexico whose daughter was goth all through junior high and high school. It's not like she did that to have oh-so-many friends. I think she was the only goth in the school.

I don't think it matters what color the absinthe is, so long as it's good absinthe.
pierreverte
QUOTE(Aggelos @ May 20 2010, 11:53 PM) *

And mind you, Maitresse is still available at RueVerte tongue.gif

except that it is out of stock (and Rue Verte never had any stock purchased directly fron the distillery, just what little was bought from another on-line retailer)…Dumas
http://www.rueverte.fr/product_info.php?products_id=423
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Tibro @ May 20 2010, 01:23 PM) *

…while research continues in its relentless search for a compound which will not only be capable of durably (and with passably good flavor) coloring an absinthe red but will also be able to neutralize any "goth" tendencies in the suckers who drink it.

We eagerly await word of any breakthroughs.

One person figured it out.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(dakini_painter @ May 20 2010, 06:47 PM) *

I actually have to admit some fondness for goth and goth wannabees. Twenty plus years ago I knew some punks (they weren't really goth yet) down in Pacific Beach. They were just your regular crystal and coke fueled 20+ years old trying to figure out life, existentialism, get laid, have fun, be creative, eat, maybe work some (to pay for all the other stuff). They were for the most part good kids.

I have a friend in New Mexico whose daughter was goth all through junior high and high school. It's not like she did that to have oh-so-many friends. I think she was the only goth in the school.

I don't think it matters what color the absinthe is, so long as it's good absinthe.

I still am goth, I just don't wear eyeliner and try to avoid being depressed. But the sweetest songs are still those that tell of saddest thought.
Green Baron
I do have goth sympathies…I'd rather deal with a goth than a yuppie. It depends on the individuals when you get right down to it though.

I've always been intrigued by the idea of a good natural rouge. There's some mad science experiments I'd like to try, should I ever acquire enough space and fundage. It's interesting to hear that someone may have already figured it out.
Aggelos
PierreVerte : my bad, didn't look correctly

Mind you, I don't have any ill feelings against goths, I used to say about one that he was the only man I would be able to date at that time, but the guy was the real deal.

You can be goth, if it's a way of living, I respect that, hell you can be whatever you want, I respect that, just don't be a show off wanabe, be it showoff wanabe goth, showof wanabe punk, showof wanabe homosexual, or Paul Nathan.
Tibro
Authenticity is worthy of respect. But then it often defies attempts at labels.

Authentically affected is a position worthy of assbinth. A possible beginning where one can either remain mired, drop out without shame or move on with pride.

Those who merely sport the affectations as wannabes deserve to be caramelized.
Green Baron
QUOTE(Aggelos @ May 20 2010, 11:21 PM) *

You can be goth, if it's a way of living, I respect that, hell you can be whatever you want, I respect that, just don't be a show off wanabe, be it showoff wanabe goth, showof wanabe punk, showof wanabe homosexual, or Paul Nathan.

I'll drink to that!
Donnie Darko
Speaking of Goth whatever happened to Wolfgang?
sixela
QUOTE(Aggelos @ May 20 2010, 12:26 PM) *

you're trying to hard.

Oh?
Aggelos
Pardon my French™
sixela
Never mind, I was just trying to harp.
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(pierreverte @ May 20 2010, 10:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Aggelos @ May 20 2010, 01:26 PM) *

At least one of you knows how to spell Maitresse.
pierreverte
Maitress is the East European spelling, prefered by goths…
Leareth
QUOTE(pierreverte @ May 21 2010, 03:09 PM) *

Maitress is the East European spelling, prefered by goths…

*barks a laugh* Hah, such interesting arguments I inspired, and such insults against goths. I note with amusement you seem determined to A) Label me a goth. and B) Think I want to buy Red Absinthe!

A) I'm Not. B) I don't.

All I wanted is to know if any of you had tried it and what you thought about it. I also note that none of you even talked about the Original with the scarab beetle in it, which I was most curious about; mostly because I'd be too creeped out to drink it I admit….

SO! Could I get some on topic answers please?

P.s. Aggelos,
Of course you recognized him! It's Duo! Who could forget one of the sexiest guys to ever use the moniker of Shinigami?

p.s.s
In the interest of a proactive defense against my gothness. Maleficus-lupus was a penname I chose at 14, as if none of you did things like that at that age.
Kirk
Original with the scarab beetle in it,' I was most curious about

No one here has any experience with this type of absinthe. Why don't you buy a bottle and do a review? We need a fake absinthe reviewer, we lost the last one.
Leareth
QUOTE(Kirk @ May 23 2010, 06:56 AM) *

Original with the scarab beetle in it,' I was most curious about

No one here has any experience with this type of absinthe. Why don't you buy a bottle and do a review? We need a fake absinthe reviewer, we lost the last one.

tongue.gif nah, I'll spend my ony on la clandestine or taboo, which are the only decent ones I can afford these days.
Kirk
The truth is free, if it's an eduction you seek, the cost is time.
Philosophy aside, what do you bring?
To paraphrase;
Show us you're tits or get out and,
anime sucks.
Tibro
I'm gonna pissed if you have anime tits.
Green Baron
That sort of thing should be left to Lord Stanley and no other.

Not all anime sucks. But the majority of it definitely does.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.