Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthe Robertte
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
mxreb0
My friend just came back from France and brought me one of those Absinthe Robette posters by Privat Livemont. It's really cool, but I was wondering what it comes from. Was Robette a nice brand? Are there any descriptions of it? I couldn't find much about the absinthe itself on google.
Thanks.
Green Baron
The Robette poster is one of the- if not the most famous historical absinthe posters in modern times (I've even heard some folks say they picked up a copy at Target). However, I don't think there have been any surviving samples discovered. There may be others that can speak to how popular it was, or what grade (superieure, ordinaire, etc) it fell under.
mxreb0
Yep, I know it's a popular poster, but looking to find out about the brand, like you say. Do you think Robette is the name of the owner or does it mean something else? I was thinking it must be a name.
Artemis
http://absintblog.be/absinthe-robette/
mxreb0
Translated from that page… (it's Dutch)

Perhaps the most famous poster from the Belle Epoque period is that of Absinthe Robette, a lithograph of Privat Livemont from Schaerbeek. Deze lithografie (83×110 cm) werd gedrukt op de drukpersen van JL Goffart te Brussel in 1896. This lithograph (83 × 110 cm) was printed on the printing presses of JL Goffart in Brussels in 1896. Deze drukker was vooral gekend van oude educatieve posters, die in verschillende Belgische scholen hingen. This printer was best known from ancient educational posters that hung in various Belgian schools. We gaan hier even onderzoeken waar deze absint vandaan komt, en wie het maakte. We go here as they investigate where absinthe comes from, and who made it.

Absinthe Robette was het absintmerk van de Distillerie Petitjean & Cie, gevestigd in Mons ( Bergen ). Robette Absinthe was the trademark of absinthe Distillery Petitjean & Cie, based in Mons (Bergen). Deze fabriek, die onder andere ook kirsch, amer en mirabelle produceerde, was een tweede vestiging van Petitjean uit Saint-Loup ( nu: Saint-Loup-sur-Semouse ) in het Franse departement Haute-Saône in de regio Franche-Comté. This plant, who also kirsch, pleasant and Mirabelle produced was half branch of Petit Jean from Saint-Loup (now Saint-Loup-sur-Semouse) in the Haute-Saône in Franche-Comté region. Deze succesvolle Franse distilleerderij, onder leiding van mr. Petitjean en later van zijn vrouw mrs. This successful French distillery under the guidance of Mr. Petitjean and later his wife mrs. Robette, telde destijds 52 werknemers en wel 340 vertegenwoordigers die de producten aanprezen in heel Frankrijk en België. Robette, then had 52 to 340 employees and representatives of the products aanprezen across France and Belgium.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.