Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Food with Absinthe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
AgamemnonAtreides
What sort of food would any of you recommend be eaten whilst drinking absinthe of flavour comparable to Jade Edouard? I imagine something with a delicate, refined flavour, but I am in two minds about whether it should be slightly sweet, or slightly bitter.
G&C
Chocolate!
Lots of real good chocolate!
Tibro
Chocolate, a food combining the bitter flavor of ground roasted cacao beans with an element of sweetness from added sugar. Can't beat that.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(G&C @ May 27 2010, 12:12 AM) *

Chocolate!
Lots of real good chocolate!

Michel Cluizel chocolates are friggin fantastic with absinthe. His Los Anconés one from Santo Domingo is pretty much the best chocolate I've ever had. Some of the El Rey brand of chocolates are knockouts also. Anything without Soy Lecithin is what you want. Soy doesn't belong in chocolate, most makers stick it in there to smooth out the texture, but if made correctly from high quality cacao, you don't need it. There's plenty of good chocolates that use it, but once you have chocolate that doesn't you'll notice a difference.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ May 27 2010, 05:04 AM) *

Michel Cluizel chocolates are friggin fantastic with absinthe.

Particularly Noir Infini. chickawow.gif
Patlow
Man, I too love the Michel Cluizel.

And of course, sausage goes well with absinthe!
absinthist
Lindt Excellence.
Touch-money
I like having cheese, smoked oysters, and crackers. If they are available to you fresh oysters on the half-shell with cocktail sauce and crackers is amazing too!
G&C
I think every food one likes goes well with Absinthe.

Unless all one wants to taste is the Absinthe.
AgamemnonAtreides
I think that I might try a very exquisite pheasant pate; I know a brand that is not very salty, and has a slight sweetness because it is made with sherry.

Thank you all for your suggestions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.