Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Peter Murphy Assists Trent Reznor
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Entertainment
Grim
One of my favorite songs.

So, for those who were already fans…

(Which is really just me reminiscing since downloading HTDA…)
Artemis
I was never familiar with either, but I did hear a cut on satellite radio one day that moved me so much I hit the record button. It has a certain quality I can only describe as hopelessly eternal. There came a time when I couldn't bear to listen to it anymore, not because it lost anything, but because I did, and after that, it well, cut too deeply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpz2AWu4PZg
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Grim @ Jun 6 2010, 05:47 AM) *

One of my favorite songs.

So, for those who were already fans…

Damn, that's an awesome performance. I would have loved to been in that room.
Here is the crown jewel Peter Murphy performance in my book.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKd5w2B8ZG0…feature=related
Marc
Agreed. That song is still my fav.

I saw Bauhaus live in Paris years ago, was amazing.
Leopold
QUOTE(Artemis @ Jun 6 2010, 12:39 PM) *

I was never familiar with either, but I did hear a cut on satellite radio one day that moved me so much I hit the record button. It has a certain quality I can only describe as hopelessly eternal. There came a time when I couldn't bear to listen to it anymore, not because it lost anything, but because I did, and after that, it well, cut too deeply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpz2AWu4PZg

I saw Peter Murphy at the Paramount in Denver for the Deep tour, 1989. Man, was that a show. The thing I remember most is that the House of Love opened for Peter, and they totally, totally tore it up (they were supporting their now classic Butterfly album), and my friend and I were clearly the only two people who had any idea who the House of Love were. We were the only two people standing for House of Love, until people kept asking for us to sit. After trying to explain that they were nuts for not freaking out for House of Love, we decided to not act like a couple of frat boys, and finally sat down. Not happy.

Had and Earth, Sun, Moon poster in my dorm freshman year, so I'm a bit of a nut for all things Bauhaus, Tones on Tail, Dali's Car, well, you get the idea.

One things for certain, I was the only kid in the whole damn theater who wasn't wearing black. I've never had any style, sadly.

Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Grim @ Jun 6 2010, 05:47 AM) *

Wow, that's a sick video, but in the best way possible. Trent and her are a cute couple. evill.gif

I honestly haven't paid much attention to anything he's done since The Fragile, but I just downloaded the How to Destroy Angels EP and that last song "A Drowning" is excellent.

Once upon a time, a member of the Lounge named Lambchop, who I'm not sure if you ever met but who is definitely one of the most wonderful people I've ever met, lived down the hall from Reznor in college. Let's just say that based on her stories, he was a problem. An old co-worker of mine is really good friends with his old drummer Charlie Clouser and had similar stories. But regardless of him as a person, he's an incredible talent, definitely the most sonically inventive electronic composer that could be considered "popular" that I can think of. NIN was pretty much the soundtrack to my 11th and 12th grade years so I've gotta give him credit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.