Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emile Pernot is going online!
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
Marc
With a certain emotion, I can now announce you the grand opening of the Emile Pernot distillery website : www.emile-pernot.com

Emotion because the story now dates from a little while ago, from when I associated myself with David (Oxygénée, Emile Pernot shareholder) back in August 2009 and when the distillery talked about the creation of their website by an external company who was not performing its job really well.

We therefore have decided to build the website ourselves so that the distillery could get what they’d always wished: history of the distillery, absinthe and ritual FAQs, and an online shop.

But then the situation changed again, association between Oxygénée Ltd and RueVerte to create Oxygénée Deutschland, Antoine joined us. No more possible doubt at this time, seeing the professionalism behind RueVerte.com, it seemed clear that Emile-Pernot.com had to be built from the same competent hands, Colas’, Antoine’s brother.

So since 5 months we have been working nights and days for the website to be operational in the briefest delays, and here we are!
You will of course find all the Pernot products in it: absinthes, anise liquors, liqueurs, eaux de vie, etc.
But for the grand opening you’ll also have the opportunity to discover a brand new absinthe: the Berthe de Joux, alreay acclaimed by well known international absintheurs.

We are still modifying a few little things but the website is operational.
Any suggestion, let me know.
mxreb0
Looks great. Un Emile is really quality stuff and what made me fall in love with absinthe. I didn't know know that Oxygénée was involved with them, and I am very impressed. Thanks for your hard work.
absinthist
Nice! Tell us more about that Berthe…
Shabba53
It's terribly good stuff.
Jaded Prole
Nice!
Steve
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ Aug 26 2010, 01:32 PM) *
It's terribly good stuff.

Yes it is!

The website looks great, Colas did a great job.
Donnie Darko
Nice website. Very easy to navigate and pretty. It blows my mind that Vieux Pontarlier is cheaper in the US than direct from the distillery that makes it, but hey, I ain't complaining. That and Pacifique are the best absinthes at that price point, but if I ever get my hands on some money, I may have to try the Berthe.

You might want to have them correct this typo under the "Did you know" banner at the bottom, however:
"The famous frink had just done a real favour to science!".

That sounds like something I'd say after having 5 too many Vieux Pontarliers.
Head_prosthesis
PINE LIQUEURS! PINE LIQUEURS!!!
Marc
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Aug 27 2010, 01:24 AM) *

You might want to have them correct this typo under the "Did you know" banner at the bottom, however:
"The famous frink had just done a real favour to science!".

That sounds like something I'd say after having 5 too many Vieux Pontarliers.

You're right, though I'm not sure I would even say that after 5 VP, I would talk Frenchglish.
G&C
Frenglish.
Marc
You see?
And I'm (almost) sober.
Bruno Rygseck
QUOTE(Head_prosthesis @ Aug 27 2010, 03:50 AM) *

PINE LIQUEURS! PINE LIQUEURS!!!

That, and the Mirabellenbrand. Very good work, Marc!
Wild Bill Turkey
Congratulations to all concerned! And goodbye to my hopes of keeping any money in the bank.

The English text version of the website describes the Berthe as "the very last offering from the Emile Pernot distillery", which would make me very sad. Maybe it would be better to say the latest.
Marc
Thank you Bill, I will change that.
Absomphe
Also (on the Emile site) it is described as a "terribly" complex absinthe, whereas in another praiseworthy blurb, it's called an "extremely" complex absinthe.

I think I'd go with B, so as not to confuse any potential dumass customers.

Counting the days till I savor this one! abs-cheers.gif
Jaded Prole
It sounds good.
Patlow
Terribly good.
Provenance
A verte bottled at 56°?
absinthist
That is interesting question since the colour of Berthe de Joux is greener than Perroquet's at 72.
Steve
It tastes amazing. I was very surprised when I saw 56 degrees written on a piece of tape on an unlabeled bottle. I wonder about the long term stability of the beautiful color, but I doubt that will be a problem because I will just drink it.
Shabba53
Exactly.
Provenance
I still wonder why a verte is being bottled at 56°.
Jaded Prole
Makes more bottles per run.
Absomphe
I'd expect nothing less from our Capitalist friends at The Evil Absinthe Syndicate.™ evill.gif

Seriously, though…

QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 1 2010, 08:56 AM) *

I wonder about the long term stability of the beautiful color, but I doubt that will be a problem because I will just drink it.
Provenance
I've never considered color more than a pleasant side effect of the production/flavoring process. Bottling at 56° however doesn't really seem to indicate an interest in making a superior absinthe.
Shabba53
Whatever it is, it's certainly superior in the flavor department.
Jaded Prole
Nice that it tastes good the low abv promises that it won't age well.
Steve

eric
If the color tends to hold at 56% ABV, I would suspect that it is not colored in the traditional manner.
Probably employing some type of colorant instead of whole herbs.
Jaded Prole
Time for the Texas Sun test . . .
Grim
Ouch. Shipping bites… but I'll likely get a bottle to review.
Donnie Darko
I still can't figure out why it's cheaper to buy Vieux Pontarlier off the shelf in the US than to order it direct from the maker (that's before shipping too!).

If the Berthe tastes and smells good, then good for Pernot, but I also don't see how it could naturally hold the color in suspension at that low proof.
Steve
Shipping is free for a $200 order.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.