Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Live Auctioneers L.E. Jung Bottle
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
thegreenimp
In case someone is foolish enough to drop a Grand for the auction estimate, don't be a schmuck…

Beware, it's an old L. E. Jung Ojen bottle, who ever is listing the item is either misinformed or trying to hook someone, It's not an L.E. Jung absinthe bottle.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/7895780

Typical Jung & Wulff Ojen Bottle
IPB Image

What a Pre-Ban L.E. Jung absinthe bottle looks like:
IPB Image

What a 1934 Post Prohibition L.E. Jung & Wulff absinthe looks like:

IPB Image

Anyone wanting info on L.E. Jung can drop me a line, I've done quite a lot of research which I have not posted yet.

FWIW, I wouldn't pay more than $25.00 bucks, even at the point of a gun, for a label less Ojen bottle. (Hint: they made a boatload of the stuff for many, many years)
Shabba53
Click to view attachment
Grim
You like cocktails; ever heard of a Nectarohen?

Anyone wanting info on L.E. Jung can drop me a line…

<-----
Grim
What can you tell us about the New Orleans Absinthe Manufacturers' Association? And New Orleans Absinthe? The ingredients that would substitute in order to produce something absinthe-like but "free from the harmful wormwood" is something I think we talked about before… but I have the memory of 10-second Tom.
thegreenimp
I'll have to post an old post ban, pre-prohibition advertisement I'm holding,…….someday.

The NOLA abs makers kept at it in the 30s, but that is an other story.

Back to sleep, Imp got me up to go out, way too early.
thegreenimp
By the way…..whoever placed a bid on that L. E. Jung bottle, that's an awful high minimum bid for an Ojen bottle, and why is the auctioneer showing it full of water?

Cloudy glass perhaps?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.