Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mourice Bike: Scam artiste
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Newgate Calendar
Oxygenee
All our online businesses are getting regular scam attempts, and I thought I should post some of the details here, so that if nothing else, Google picks up the names and emails of the guilty parties.

Here's a typical email exchange from a regular scam artiste called Mourice Bike (email address: mouricebike@gmail.com)

--------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: 1855 Pre-Phylloxera Port

thank you for the reply and i want 2 unite of them now so what would
be the total cost of them now and also what type of credit card you
accept for Payment. Have a Nice Day.
Regards,
Mourice

--------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:14 PM
To: "mourice bike" <mouricebike@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: 1855 Pre-Phylloxera Port

Total cost for 2 bottles would be GBP £5000. This includes insured courier shipping, there are no other costs.
We accept Mastercard and Visa. You can email or fax your credit card details to me, or use the secure payment link on the webpage. If you'd like top give me the details on the phone, you can call me on my direct line: +44 *******, or alternatively if you let me have your number, I will happily call you.
Regards

Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: 1855 Pre-Phylloxera Port

Sorry for the delay Thank you for the and i really appreciate.As at now it will be
shipped to my Client so i will like you to contact a shipping company
called . as recommended regarding the shipping cost (Door to Door) to
the address below,They will come to your location and make the Pick Up
from you as soon as you get them at your store.
Here is the Delivery address:
Street Address, 99, Vouliagmenis Av.
City, Athens. Country, Greece.
Postal/Zip Code, GR-11636.
Here is the below,Send them an
email and they will respond with a Quote: Broadway Shipping Ltd.
Email: broadwayshippers@hotmail.com
Email me back with the total cost of the unit as well as the shipping
cost so that i can proceed with payment with my credit card.Waiting
for your e-mail soon.
Mourice

This is a scam that is becoming more and more widespread. The "courier company" (a fake of course) gives you a quote. Then he (ie "Mourice") pays you by credit card for everything. Then the courier company says you have to pay them by Western Union for the freight (usually a big amount , like $300 to $400). As soon as you have done this, you find out the credit card he used was a fake, the credit card company reverses the transaction, and you are left with no money, and a $400 loss for the unrecoverable payment you made to the fake courier company.
Donnie Darko
Thanks for the info. This sounds like a scam that is popular on Craigslist, where if you're selling furniture or other large item, the "buyer" offers to buy it on the spot, but is not in town and so he has his own courier that will pick up the furniture as soon as you receive a cashier's check or money order. The buyer sends you a cashier's check or money order, including shipping costs, and then you are supposed to pay the shipping costs to the fake courier, then learn the cashier's check or money order is phony after it is too late, because it takes awhile for cashier's checks or money orders to be determined to be fakes.

Scum.
eric
The old Bait and Switch.
speedle
How do they even catch stupid fuxx like that? Jeebus.
Absomphe
Bottom line:

Never trust anyone who's convinced that 'I' and the shift key are incompatible.
thegreenimp
Where batemastering Nigerians is an art:

http://www.scamorama.com/
Bruno Rygseck
Reminds me of this.
Donnie Darko
Speaking of scams, I got a phone call about 3 weeks ago from a guy with a barely intelligible Indian accent who said his name was Shawn Smith and he was calling me from Phoenix Arizona (red flag #1). He said because of a magazine subscription I had, I had been entered into a contest to win a $200 gas voucher and I had won (I have a magazine subscription, but never entered into anything, so red flag #2). He had my address, which was rather creepy, and said in order to send me the $200 gas voucher they needed to charge me $1.00 for shipping and handling, and he needed a credit card # (BIG red flag #3). I bullshitted with the guy for a bit so I could look up what he said on Snopes.com, and I read to him the quote from the Texas Attorney General who was trying to persecute these fraudsters, and read back to him the whole page describing the scam. He hung up before I could tell "Shawn Smith" to go fuck himself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.