Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cork Reconditioning
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
burcak
Good evening everyone!

Emergency help needed!!! tongue.gif

The cork on my Roquette got slight bit loose recently; it's not so old, I bought and opened it 3-4 months ago.
The cork is perfectly intact but has shrunken a bit and rotates almost freely in its place! Fortunately when I pull it out half a centimeter it still fits snugly. Is there a way to re-swell the cork??
I store all my bottles upright (like to watch them in a row :)) I thought the obvious solution would be laying down the bottle, but now that the cork's loose I fear that it may leak. (And I don't like to store them layed down) Any suggestions??

Well an easy solution I've come to think of is finishing the bottle before the cork dries out.. Hmmm that's worth considering too yes.gif
OCvertDe
Go buy some new corks. I picked up a whole bag of them at some kitchen store for about three bucks.
Provenance
In the alternative, the time has come to make the drink it or sink it decision.
burcak
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Nov 2 2010, 01:03 AM) *

Go buy some new corks. I picked up a whole bag of them at some kitchen store for about three bucks.

I'm not sure if I can find such corks easily here, and the orig cork still has the red wax, looking gorgeous on the bottle heart.gif I'd still like to give it a shot first.. Any ideas?
hartsmar
Nope. New corks. Go to any grocery store or possibly a "make your own wine and buy our whiskey essence" - store...
Oxygenee
Contact me directly, I may be able to do you a favour.

burcak
Think I figured it out! Yesterday I've laid the bottle and turned the cork in its place several times (as it is free to turn), to wet the gap in between. Then I've left the bottle upright. Today its much tighter!
Steve
I'm glad we could help you through your time of grave crisis.
Absomphe
QUOTE(burcak @ Nov 4 2010, 12:21 PM) *

Today its much tighter!

That's what he said.
OCvertDe
Kegels FTW baby.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.