Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pernod goes home?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
pierreverte
I was told this evening, by what should be considered a reliable French source, that Pernod-Ricard plans to distill absinthe anew in Pontarlier…
Hopefully this woman won't hired as their new brand ambassador:
Mademoiselle Pernod from Hell
Heure Verte
She knows everything about absinthe, it's incredible.

And for Pernod, I guess François Guy will be able to remake Pernod Fils (but without fennel because it's poisonous and 45% of alcohol - let's say… a real Pernod Fils) :) :)
thegreenimp
Frankie G / Pernod Fils Lite™

She probably got her script from Pernod-Ricard.
Kirk
Why did she say those things?
They have my Frenay Feuilles spoon.
thegreenimp
Seeing Kirk's spoon in that fingernails on a chalkboard presentation, is heresy.
With Pernod-Ricard's financial resources, they should hire competent people to represent their brand.

I think a Winston™ is in order….

Kirk
Absolutely, they could afford to train their people first, or find someone that has a clue about what they are saying. Amazing how even the smallest commercial distiller among us here could be depended upon to share accurate and intelligent information about the product and the history but a wealthy conglomerate like that spews off the cuff crap, why would they do that? Second picture shows a burning sugar cube. Sub title says Pernod created absinthe, very misleading. Is she mixing it with lemonade?
I wonder where they plan on distilling this. An obvious choice might be the Emile Pernot. I could see Oxy and the other owners agreeing to it but I can't imagine P.R. making absinthe in the 100 liter still.
Provenance
P-R distilling absinthe is worth barely a yawn. It's not as if the old Pernod was digging out their 19th century protocols. As Pernod-Ricard knows, we all used to be things we aren't anymore.
Aggelos
QUOTE(Provenance @ Nov 5 2010, 03:13 PM) *

It's not as if the old Pernod was digging out their 19th century protocols.

Then I still have to find a valid clue why they are visiting Marie Claude Delahaye this often…
G&C
The clueless leading the ignorant…
Marc
QUOTE(Kirk @ Nov 5 2010, 02:15 PM) *

An obvious choice might be the Emile Pernot. I could see Oxy and the other owners agreeing to it but I can't imagine P.R. making absinthe in the 100 liter still.

The big Egrot is 900L. The small is 200L. But I don't think that's enough for P.R. to supply worldwide airports.
Alan
That doesn't sound like a categorical "No, we're not talking to them."

Based on my calculations for global absinthe sales, the % going through airport shops, and the likely number of shops Pernod could get their absinthe into, I think Pernot could cope.
Alan
QUOTE(Aggelos @ Nov 5 2010, 06:29 AM) *

Then I still have to find a valid clue why they are visiting Marie Claude Delahaye this often…

Isn't this what happened the last time someone consulted MCD?
Marc
QUOTE(Alan @ Nov 5 2010, 04:30 PM) *

That doesn't sound like a categorical "No, we're not talking to them."

Based on my calculations for global absinthe sales, the % going through airport shops, and the likely number of shops Pernod could get their absinthe into, I think Pernot could cope.

I don't think P.R. has contacted Emile Pernot yet. At least I have not heard of anything though I talk to them every day.

And the "worldwide airports" was just sarcastic.
Aggelos
QUOTE(Alan @ Nov 5 2010, 05:11 PM) *

Isn't this what happened the last time someone consulted MCD?

Not that she's particularly proud of it…

edit : correction, not that she's particularly proud of the product
Absinthia
QUOTE(Heure Verte @ Nov 5 2010, 12:13 PM) *

And for Pernod, I guess François Guy will be able to remake Pernod Fils (but without fennel because it's poisonous and 45% of alcohol - let's say… a real Pernod Fils) :) :)

If you talk to him long enough and had enough drinks at his expense, he'll make you believe his product already IS Pernod Fils, but "disguised"… Anyhow, he's a great guy, always good for a laugh or two. And yes, I was just having a glass of his absinthe right now I am not afraid to admit that I still like it for all its simplicity :)
Steve
Maybe they'll buy back the Strawberry Nesquick factory. tongue.gif
Absomphe
QUOTE(thegreenimp @ Nov 5 2010, 06:02 AM) *

Seeing Kirk's spoon in that fingernails on a chalkboard presentation, is heresy.
With Pernod-Ricard's financial resources, they should hire competent people to represent their brand.

I think a Winston™ Fredie™ is in order….

Even more appropriate onacuz he also sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Tibro
QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 5 2010, 08:29 PM) *

Maybe they'll buy back the Strawberry Nesquick factory. tongue.gif

Sadly I think there's still a long way to go before the demand for absinthe exceeds the demand for strawberry-flavored milk.
thegreenimp
I had to leave this morning, and couldn't drop off Pernod-Ricard's "Major Award".
Click to view attachment
EdouardPerneau
QUOTE(pierreverte @ Nov 4 2010, 08:52 PM) *

I was told this evening, by what should be considered a reliable French source, that Pernod-Ricard plans to distill absinthe anew in Pontarlier…

I hope that they will never try to re-teach history to that girl …
Maduva Galletti
I think the point is that PR does not care much what is the truth sull'Absinthe or-probably-quality produce, but to win the market share of curious people who want to drink "absinthe" without trying to do, before realizing what choose the minimum documentation.
A corporation like PR has a real chance to make a huge marketing, which probably no other producer of Absinthe be able to support.
All business.
Forgive my English.
ellen
QUOTE(pierreverte @ Nov 5 2010, 01:52 AM) *

"People have seen green fairies drinking it" can be their advertising slogan.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.