Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Commerce on the Forum
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > Administrative News & Site Updates
Head_prosthesis
You all should know better than to jump on an offer from a person who has never EVER posted before.

You have no idea what's inside those opened bottles. You have no idea who this person is. If you want Moonman, get it directly from him.

Come on, I don't think I'm being overly cautious seeing as how we're still feeling the burn of Mr. Smarts.

Conju
Mr. Smarts?
Kallisti
PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION!

http://www.feeverte.net/forum/index.php?ac...ct=ST&f=9&t=179

http://www.feeverte.net/forum/index.php?ac...t=ST&f=10&t=160

I know you'll have to do some reading between the lines etc. I'm not making any accusations. But this tweren't so long ago that you all should be buying hooch from people you don't know. Geebus.

Besides, this ain't a shillin' ground.
Artemis
I'll go farther than that - the idiot who made that post and the slow-of-thinking who jumped at his bait like slavering dogs should all be given the bum's rush out of here based upon their lack of respect for the rules of this place and for the admins. And you don't even have to read the rules to know why - common sense should tell you why it was stupid. I was thinking that whole unfortunate thread should be purged as well, but maybe it's better for it to stand to show the admins responded swiftly and intelligently.
hartsmar
Well said.
Head_prosthesis
Amen!
Jack Batemaster
LabrOpie!!!
Donnie Darko
I have some genuine Suisse La Bleue (not the intentionally misnamed French La Blanche), the holy grail of Absinthe, for sale if anyone wants any. spam.gif cdog-plain.gif
Jack Batemaster
Is it sealed? Or was the seal broken in shipping?
lab.rat
Well, this is interesting. I find it very amusing that you all jump on me like I am some sort of common criminal. I just figured that I would let people that actually LIKED absinthe have a shot at grabbing my bottles before I tried to hock them on ebay. I stated that the Fouge was opened. I didn't say the bottle "mysteriously" opened in shipping. As for the Moonman 24, it is a sealed bottle -- like I stated. I just don't like absinthe. I am glad that Kingdubha got the bottles, because it appears there are many bitter and mistrusting people on this site.

As for Artemis, calling people you DO NOT KNOW "idiots" is the act of a "MORON". But then again, what can I expect from someone who was probably taking fire in WWI.
Jack Batemaster
READ THE FUCKING FAQ!!! PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION!!! Oh, and
user posted image
Head_prosthesis
Well, this is interesting. I find it very amusing that you all jump on me like I am some sort of common criminal.

Sorry to give you that impression.
You I could give two shits about.

I'm simply amazed at the willingness of people to
part with their money and trust someone they have
absolutely no idea about.

But hey, who am I to stop a person from taking a
chance.
lab.rat
At least noone pulls any punches here:

"You I could give two shits about."

Sentiment returned...
cdog-plain.gif
lab.rat
And i see this "READ THE FAQ". Please point out where it says sale of items is illegal. I'm a little slow wacko.gif , so any help would be greatly appreciated...
Head_prosthesis
Ok maybe I give one shit.

Hello all!!!

I have been a long time viewer of the forum and based on some of the discussion going on in this site, decided to try absinthe. Well, let's say it isn't my favorite thing in the world. I tried Un Emile Sapin and the Frouge Juice, and liked neither. This leaves me with a problem.

lab.rat
Favorite Absinthes: "B.W. #3 & Un Emile Sapin"

What made you change your mind?

thegreenimp
QUOTE (lab.rat @ Jan 30 2004, 07:45 PM)
And i see this "READ THE FAQ". Please point out where it says sale of items is illegal. I'm a little slow wacko.gif , so any help would be greatly appreciated...

Maybe if you'd wear your helmet when you fall off "the short bus", you might not be so slow. frusty.gif
Artemis
"As for Artemis, calling people you DO NOT KNOW "idiots" ...

Listen up, asshole, this is my first and only response to you. I know all I need to know or want to know about you by your initial post. Idiotic posts are made by idiots. You have demonstrated yourself to be an idiot.

Offering to sell bootleg liquor in a public forum based in the United States is the act of a moron. I couldn't care less if you wind up as the cell mate of a guy with a tatoo on his skull and a dick with the girth of a coke can, in fact it might be just what you need, but I DO care about my friends, the people who run this forum, whom you endangered with your thoughtless post. Got it? If you had any fucking sense or respect, you would have said: "I have some things I'd like to get rid of that might be of interest. Contact me PRIVATELY if you're interested." I think you're a liar and a troll, but in case you're on the level, listen good:

This isn't a place for shilling illegal liquor. Shove it up your ass and walk away with it.

Conju
Constructive criticism: If that thread endangers one of your fellow absintheurs, whomever bought said absinthe it doesnt matter. Then maybye we should purge that thread.

"I DO care about my friends, the people who run this forum,"
Head_prosthesis
My little friend has sent us the nicest message.

That was cool of you asking me a question and not allowing me to answer.
But then again, how can i win an argument when the rules are stacked in
your favor?  Coward.

Good point. I win.

Fuck off.

You're well with in your right to post. But from now on,
I will be reading them first. Then I will publish it. If I want to.
Head_prosthesis
Ok.

Thread deleted.

I ain't mad.

I just hate it when people make me work.

Artemis
The soil of a man's heart is thorny,
but he tends it,
and grows what he can.

Or Something like that.
Sponge Bob
QUOTE (Head_prosthesis @ Jan 30 2004, 09:18 PM)
My little friend has sent us the nicest message.

That was cool of you asking me a question and not allowing me to answer.
But then again, how can i win an argument when the rules are stacked in
your favor?  Coward.

Good point. I win.

Fuck off.

That little prick reminds me of Monty Python's Black Knight.

He's been thoroughly beaten, all credibility destroyed and still he wants to nip at your ankles.

Conju
It's just a flesh wound!

fuck the fucking fucker (to keep it on topic)
hartsmar
Maybe NOW people can actually understand why I am NOT against the use of animals, such as, say, LAB RATS for testing various very dangerous and harmful and indeed painful things.... Huh?

Head_prosthesis
Hey YOU! You leave those animals alone!!!
Artemis
i saw you naked and you were chasing a pig so i led the police to your house
and showed 'em where to dig you thought you could live in peace but i saw you naked and i
called the police

Dead Milkmen, Metaphysical Graffiti
hartsmar
And people wonder why I want to get the f*ck out of this country!? Look at where it has gotten me! Now people think I chase naked after animals! Just because there are inbred fools that can't stay the f--- off those animals!

DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!
Absomphe
Sure, that's what you say...but you're really thinking:

PUT YOUR PAWS ALL OVER ME, YOU DAMNED DIRTY APE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smokin Monkey.gif
hartsmar
Busted. ranting.gif
Absomphe
It'll be our little secret....well us and the 400 or so other forum reprobates, that is! dev.gif
Artemis
Information conveyed privately informs me that "lab rat" was apparently not lying and not trolling. I retract what I said about that and I apologize.

I don't take any of the rest back, because what he did was inconsiderate and put the board owners at risk with the authorities, who MIGHT be looking the other way 99% of the time, but their reach is long and their boot is heavy ....
Conju
Agreed. I suppose this needs to be said at the risk of ostracization. I verified the source from moonman that he actually DID purchase the claimed bottles and they are being recieved by me now instead of him. Some of the stuff on this forum were said about him unfairly, agreed. However, he could have taken a better approach to selling his merchandise (ie. using PM's instead of public announcements) That also doesnt mean we shouldnt have our guards up. I guess the useful peice of advice that I am trying to convey in this post, Is that if this ever happens again is this: "VERIFY THE SOURCE, and even if you feel uneasy about it or something doesnt seem quite right, DONT DO IT" Keep one fist down and the other up just in case. Thats my 2cents
Wolfgang
Humm, looks like I missed all the fun...

Whatever, as previously stated by the wises, that should have been dealed privately.

And please never buy something from someone you don't know and trust without previously emailing the original source for verification of authenticity.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.