Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tenneyson Absinthe Royale? From Austin? WTF?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
kaseijin
http://lovelypackage.com/tenneyson-absinthe/

Anybody know anything about this? It sounds like a buy-in sort of affair… like Ed III… but I can't find much about it.

When I heard about a commercial Austin absinthe, I hoped for something else…

EDIT: Okay, there's this:

http://www.bootsintheoven.com/boots_in_the…een-faerie.html

Emile Pernot, eh? Anybody know anything else?
Shabba53
I met the guy who created the brand about a year ago. I think he worked with Oxy to make it, and if I'm not mistaken, it was distilled at Pernot.

It's lightly flavored, designed to be a 'mixing absinthe' with hints of juniper.

They had a table at Tales of the Cocktail this year. I didn't think it was out yet though.
Steve
Yes it's distilled at Pernot. I drank several glasses of it there and liked it quite a lot. It tastes pretty "gin-ny". I know a bunch of bottles have been shipped to the US but I don't believe it's for sale anyplace yet.
eric
I'm posed to meet Graham this evening at Peche. come on down if you can. Damian is showing his photos there.
kaseijin
At the Peche thing?
eric
Yep, starts at 6:00. I'll be there at 5:00.
kaseijin
I was thinking of ditching band practice to swing by that for a few.
eric
Sounds good.
Shabba53
Say hi for me. In an example of 'small world', his parents live in the same community I do, all the way up here in Northern VA.
Tibro
An absinthe indebted to gin, formulated for inclusion in cocktails. Sounds like it's shooting for the lowest common denominator.
G&C
I kinda liked the Sapin…
kaseijin
It was my favorite of the old Un Emile's, as well.
Marc
It's one of my favorite blanche, I could drink it everyday, and not only because I'm involved in that project with Oxy, I really love the gin-absinthe mix, my 2 favorite drinks, no need to mix it with anything else than water imo, but might be nice in some cocktails too, I haven't tried.

Eric, please tell Graham that I'm calling Dominique every day, he'll understand wink.gif
eric
Well it looks like I will be soon trying it. I'll be sure to say hey for you guys.
Steve
QUOTE(Marc @ Nov 18 2010, 02:18 PM) *
It's one of my favorite blanche, I could drink it everyday, ……, I really love the gin-absinthe mix, my 2 favorite drinks, no need to mix it with anything else than water imo,

What Marc said!

I don't give a rat's ass about absinthe cocktails, but I loved this stuff. Actually I loved several things that I tasted at Pernot. And I'm pretty sure I didn't just like it because it was "all the free booze you could drink", but I suppose that didn't detract either…

And tell Graham I'm still thirsty!
G&C
Free booze does not always taste better…
speedle
That might depend on whether it's your first drink or your 8th. Or so I've heard.
Steve
You're right, G&C. I've had some dreadful free booze. But everything I tasted that day at Pernot was delicious.
G&C
I'm not doubting that.
I'm just sayin'…
Aggelos
Had a taste of it, not particularly fond of it, but I have to admit it's pretty well executed.

Aggelos
QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 19 2010, 05:26 AM) *

You're right, G&C. I've had some dreadful free booze. But everything I tasted that day at Pernot was delicious.

Forsooth
Steve
QUOTE(Aggelos @ Nov 19 2010, 06:09 AM) *
not particularly fond of it

But you don't like gin (if I recall correctly).
Aggelos
QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 19 2010, 04:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Aggelos @ Nov 19 2010, 06:09 AM) *
not particularly fond of it

But you don't like gin (if I recall correctly).

Correction : I'm not a gin lover . The truth is I hardly ever drink gin and only have bad binging memories associated to it. A whole education is to be done here.
kaseijin
Tried a bit last night. It had definite notes of citrus and juniper on the finish. I found it crisp, clean, and drinkable. I was pleasantly surprised.

Especially given the abysmal state of absinthe offerings in Texas, it will handily be the best on the shelf here for the time being…and his projected price point is in the $50 range.

Steve
QUOTE(Aggelos @ Nov 19 2010, 07:39 AM) *

have bad binging memories associated to it.

Now I remember our conversation. It's like tequila for me.
thegreenimp
QUOTE(eric @ Nov 18 2010, 03:43 PM) *

I'm posed to meet Graham this evening at Peche. come on down if you can. Damian is showing his photos there.

How was the show?

I couldn't get away from work.
kaseijin
I think everybody concerned had a blast. I know I did.

EDIT: It's a shame you couldn't make it, as you ended up being a topic of conversation of sorts.
G&C
Isn't he always?
grUEneFEE
I enjoyed myself, but wish I hadn't missed the Tenneyson.
kaseijin
Yeah, it's a shame that you missed that. The BdJ you brought to sample was interesting, though - thanks for that!

thegreenimp
QUOTE(kaseijin @ Nov 19 2010, 01:47 PM) *

I think everybody concerned had a blast. I know I did.

EDIT: It's a shame you couldn't make it, as you ended up being a topic of conversation of sorts.

QUOTE(G&C @ Nov 19 2010, 02:48 PM) *

Isn't he always?

Usually it involves being an example of some type of abnormal behavior.
G&C
Like I said…
Steve
Tennyson has a newly launched website. Very nice looking! And the product launch is apparently imminent.
Zman
"Bottled at a drink friendly 53%"
Steve
It's a blanche.
Donnie Darko
Beautiful bottle, beautiful website. Who is that in the Brooklyn picture (is that Stefano)?

I've had good blanches at that alcohol percentage, also had bad ones. It's hard to draw any conclusions about something that isn't out yet, but there seems to be enough competence behind it to inspire confidence.
Steve
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jan 1 2011, 08:39 PM) *

Who is that in the Brooklyn picture (is that Stefano)?

No idea, but definitely not Stefano. One of Graham's friends, I imagine.
Marc
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 2 2011, 12:58 AM) *

And the product launch is apparently imminent.

It's already in the US but not on the shelves yet wink.gif

QUOTE(Zman @ Jan 2 2011, 02:00 AM) *

"Bottled at a drink friendly 53%"

And?
Artemis
And water.
kaseijin
…and it tasted fine to me, whatever the proof was!
Artemis
A drinker-friendly 106 degrees.

To preserve the subtleties and profile of the delicate essential oils...

Probably most of us underestimated the role of water in this regard.
eric
Click to view attachment
Graham, Damien, Myself, and Kaseijin at Peche
Grim
I see a few I don't know and a few I miss…

Cheers!
thegreenimp
Isn't about time we were all in one place again?
Patlow
And with Newbies!

wink.gif
kaseijin
QUOTE(thegreenimp @ Jan 14 2011, 06:39 PM) *

Isn't about time we were all in one place again?

Yes.
Steve
Tenneyson is now available from DUNY. I just ordered 2 bottles.
Donnie Darko
Can't complain about that price. I hope it's good. If so that would make it the first good Blanche available in the US.
sbmac
I had my first glass last night. Quite tasty! A well-made blanche, with a kiss of gin. The aroma is pretty great.
If you hate gin, this isn't for you, but the gin is behind the absinthe, and more of a personality additive than an up-front flavor. I had it with no sugar, 4:1. Louches fairly quickly, but slower than some blanches. Nice finish too.

If you think about it, Juniper berries share the same Beta-Pinenes as hyssop, as well as Camphene, so it should go well in the mix!
thegreenimp
I had a sample Fri. night, and I enjoyed it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.