Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spoon craft, designed by me.
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Maduva Galletti
This absinthe spoon is drawn by me.
The starting point from which I have identified the forms came from the louche, which I styled and optimized for the function of water drainage and to avoid dropping pieces of sugar in the glass.
The spoon is silver and made completely by hand from the plate, so I need to thank my friend Paola.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

my initials are inserted at the end of the handle (M,T-Marco Tonarelli)
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Kirk
Great design, nice execution. You and Paola make a good team. I like the way the thickness has been doubled at the handle, was it enough to give the spoon a solid feel?
Maduva Galletti
Thanks!
Yes, doubling the thickness would be only one design factor, but then proved to be a great help to the overall strength … it is certainly more delicate than a steel spoon, but it's my little relic and not risk much
Tibro
It's quite exquisite. Very evocative of louche patterns. Has that same kind of mesmerizing quality. I like it very much. Hats off to you and Paola.
Jaded Prole
Beautiful work.
I like the overall design and especially your initials on the handle.
pierreverte
a truly beautiful and original spoon…nice work!
Absomphe
What they all said!
OCvertDe
I want one.
Maduva Galletti
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Dec 8 2010, 01:22 AM) *

I want one.

By choice, we decided to make only unique pieces, all different.
Kirk
I want one.
Maduva Galletti
The idea is to create something that represents the character of the absintheur, thus developing the concept of the piece together, to get the final result … So much for the design, then it's up to Paola give the last word with regard to feasibility.
Unique and representative.
If you want to talk about it in MP and depth, of course, without obligation, if the project does not like, friends as before, this is a passion for me.
Kirk
I know what you mean, if one is nice, 2 is half as nice for each one and so on.
OCvertDe
I don't know Kirk, I'm pretty sure all your spoons are equally nice regardless of relative scarcity.
Kirk
Hard for me to tell, I don't have one, every time I make one for me I give it away.
Marc
Superb!

QUOTE(Maduva Galletti @ Dec 7 2010, 12:22 PM) *

my initials are inserted at the end of the handle (M,T-Marco Tonarelli)

Same initials here, so you can send it to me abs-cheers.gif
G&C
My used drums also have those same initials!

BTW, nice drip decelerator.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.