Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: R.I.P. Trish Keenan of Broadcast
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Entertainment
Green Baron
It's always tragic when a talented artist passes away too soon, but it's seldom that I'm quite so affected by it. From Warp Records website-

It is with great sadness we announce that Trish Keenan from Broadcast passed away at 9am this morning in hospital. She died from complications with pneumonia after battling the illness for two weeks in intensive care.

Our thoughts go out to James, Martin, her friends and her family and we request that the public respect their wishes for privacy at this time.

This is an untimely tragic loss and we will miss Trish dearly - a unique voice, an extraordinary talent and a beautiful human being. Rest in Peace.

Rimbaud introduced me to Broadcast through these forums and they swiftly became one of my favorite bands of all time. I've had some wonderful moments simply having a glass of absinthe, slipping into a reverie to their great music and Trish's beautiful voice. It's so terribly sad that she's gone forever now.

Donnie Darko
Ugh. Rimbaud introduced me to them also. The last time he was over I had Tender Buttons on, and I was listening to it on my way home from a friend's house at 1AM last night. That's real knock-the-wind-out-of-you news. How horribly unfortunate.
speedle
Very sad. Actually, it was l'heure verte's absinthe video on Youtube that got me started listening to them, I really dug her voice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.