Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boveresse 2011
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Voyages au Pays des Fées
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
verawench
Oh god, where do we stay?

Or perhaps it's traditional to just pass out in a field somewhere for the night?

Also, who's going?
Oxygenee
PM me or Marc.
Steve
I will be there! And I told you to contact Marc weeks ago…
Steve
Facebook event page here.
verawench
I know, I know, I'm rubbish! Only now getting my act together.

Really looking forward to it.
Oxygenee
Oxygenee 10 year anniversary party at Le Soliat on the Friday night….we're drawing up the guest list now…
Patlow
I so want to be on that list. I just can't justify $1,200+ for a plane ticket. I think I paid $600 last time.
hartsmar
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 19 2011, 11:47 AM) *

I will be there! And I told you to contact Marc weeks ago…

Sweet! See you there!
Oxygenee
QUOTE(Patlow @ Jan 20 2011, 01:36 AM) *

I so want to be on that list. I just can't justify $1,200+ for a plane ticket. I think I paid $600 last time.

C'mon. The drinks are on me.
Patlow
The Mrs just green-lighted a solo trip, so now that there is only one ticket to buy, it's much more reasonable. Who needs a roomie? Steve?
Oxygenee
If it's the same Mrs you brought last time, I know I speak on behalf of many when I say it's quite disappointing she's not coming with you…. harhar.gif
Steve
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Jan 19 2011, 10:32 PM) *

Sweet! See you there!

Yeah it's been too long!
Steve
QUOTE(Patlow @ Jan 20 2011, 04:35 AM) *

Who needs a roomie? Steve?

I'm glad you're coming! Ask Marc, he may still have single rooms available.
martin.zufanek
Zufanek's are coming too and staying at Casa de la Oxygénée (fingers crossed)!
Patlow
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Jan 20 2011, 04:47 AM) *

If it's the same Mrs you brought last time, I know I speak on behalf of many when I say it's quite disappointing she's not coming with you…. harhar.gif

Yup, Patty is still kicking around as the current Mrs. And I know it's disappointing! She's a cutie.

(I will PM you or Marc about details shortly.)
verawench
Is it true what they say, Poppa? That there'll be absinthe sausages and rivers of molten cheese?
Oxygenee
Rivers, my dear, rivers.
Donnie Darko
And rivers of tears from me, who cannot attend.
sixela
Can't eat cheese, can't drink (too much) absinthe, but I wouldn't miss it a second time for the world.

Marc, hotel room, please?
hartsmar
...and we have a designated driver...
Grim
Give the man a camera and a reason… you've got a documentary…
Patlow
Just got plane ticket, secured room in Bov (thanks, Marc!), and a luxury relaxation chamber in Zurich for the day after…

Officially in!

abs-cheers.gif
Communikaze
I believe me, Gertz and a couple of other Danes will be there as well. Still planning, however.

KR

Thomas

I believe me, Gertz and a couple of other Danes will be there as well. Still planning, however.

KR

Thomas
Jaded Prole
Say again?
The Standard Deviant
I should be there…
Patlow
Is anyone excited about this or what?!?! COME OOOOOOOOON MAAAAAAAAN!

CHEESE! ABSINTHE!!! FRENCH TALK!!!!

Weeks away….

abs-cheers.gif

Kirk
Will they have anything drinkable there?
G&C
HA!
Absomphe
I hear the water's safe.
Steve
QUOTE(Patlow @ May 3 2011, 08:56 PM) *

Is anyone excited about this or what?!?! COME OOOOOOOOON MAAAAAAAAN!

Yes I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! This year I'm going to try to exercise some self-control on Friday. Last year I drank a lot at the Pernot distillery, then drank a lot at CAB's distillery, then drank a lot at the fondue chalet, then spent the rest of the early morning hours drinking trappist in the hotel parking lot (a tradition with Dom Lochet)… The day of the festival I was so hung over I felt like death. I yelled at the cows to tell them to stop with the bells. And I missed the get together at Nico/Diane's bar, which is always a good time. At least I managed to have a taste of that Berger blanche that Marc obtained - man that was amazing, one of the best things I can remember ever tasting!

And yes, there is always a wide variety of great stuff to drink besides the ubiquitous les bleues (ho hum). Many people bring samples or bottles, and we got to taste some pre-release stuff like this amazing absinthe Sauvage that will be coming from Pernot soon, made with wild wormwoods collected from the mountains. There was the Sapphire at CAB's, and I remember some interesting Czech HG as well. There are always some surprises.
Grim
Soooo… is this all booked up with no room for others?

PM me…
Steve
Don't tease me, Grim. Just get your ass over there!
Patlow
Indeed.
Grim
There's no way I can swing it… and not because I don't want to try.

I made commitments without realizing the dates overlap, and now I'll be in L.A. while you're having the absolute, most wonderful time imaginable! Grrrr. I'm jealous as hell.
Kirk
Will there be good booze there?
Grim
Oh… my… god… there will be (booze).

frusty.gif
Patlow
No roommate for me?!?

Grim
Again…

frusty.gif
Tibro
There's a Koncilation Fest at a later date. No need to cry in your absinthe.
Steve
QUOTE(Grim @ May 21 2011, 08:19 AM) *

There's no way I can swing it…

*sheds a tear*
hartsmar
While around those parts I figured it could be a good time to have a look at some property to invest in. Anyone want to help out financially? Just a little...

http://www.prestigeproperty.co.uk/property...Jura-39-France/
Shabba53
They just did an hour long special on that chateau on the Wealth Channel. An unbelievable piece of real estate.
hartsmar
Ah... Didn't know. It looks nice. The price is just right.
Tibro
The Wealth Channel? Seriously?
Shabba53
I know. Ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is how low quality the majority of their productions are.
Tibro
Maybe they feel confidant they won't lose their viewership of one. Or does Oxy tune in sometimes too?
Provenance
What's not surprising is that you watch it.
Kirk
Only when The Rob Report is a short read.
Shabba53
QUOTE(Provenance @ May 25 2011, 11:39 AM) *

What's not surprising is that you watch it.

Actually, I don't. It was on in the reception area of an office that I was in a few weeks ago.

You're too quick to judge, my friend.
Provenance
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ May 25 2011, 07:20 AM) *
Even more ridiculous is how low quality the majority of their productions are.

Not at all, you just discussed the quality of the "majority" of their productions -- not an indication that by happenstance you saw a single show.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.